Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3367
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 and recomposing" Previous topic | Next topic
docjcf Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd May 2007Thu 16-Dec-10 12:53 AM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 and recomposing"

US

Hello nikonians,

I am very happy with my d7000. I used to have a D40 before. I like the focusing a lot but there are some ocassions were it doesnt focus the right point and i switch to single point.

Problem is that with single point , when after pressing shutter half way and trying to recompose thecamera keeps focusing and lose the initial subject of interest. how can i program to lock the focus after pressing half shutter?

thanks and regards,

John

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 16-Dec-10 01:29 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 and recomposing"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Shift the focus mode to AF-S, not AF-A (where it's defaulted).

You press the button at the core of the AF/M switch (at the 4 o'clock spot near the lens mount as you face the front of the camera), and while pressing, you rotate the thumb dial on the rear side until you see AF-S in the top LCD.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

docjcf Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd May 2007Thu 16-Dec-10 01:54 AM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 and recomposing"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I did that but still the camera keep refocusing, even with the shutter is pressed and not released the camera keep focusing as i move.

I dont want to use the AE/AF lock button as its cumbersome

Regards

John

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 16-Dec-10 02:02 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 and recomposing"
In response to Reply # 2

US

>I did that but still the camera keep refocusing, even with
>the shutter is pressed and not released the camera keep
>focusing as i move.
>
>I dont want to use the AE/AF lock button as its cumbersome
>
>Regards
>
>John

If indeed the camera is in AF-S mode, then you are likely releasing slightly on the shutter button... You don't need to use the AE/AF button... The shutter release is VERY sensitive. It took me a little while to get used to the new feel. But the way it should be working is the way I originally described.

Perhaps you've got something else set in the MENU options that has somehow overridden this approach?

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3367 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.