Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #33328
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can't delete from memory card in camera" Previous topic | Next topic
fivesense Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2013Tue 01-Apr-14 06:31 AM
239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Can't delete from memory card in camera"

US

For some reason, I'm unable to delete unwanted photos in-camera from my 7100. I push the trash button, it asks if I want to delete, I say yes and hit the ok button, and... nothing. It won't let me delete.

Have I erroneously changed a setting in the menu?

Doug

"Don't f/stop 'til you get enough!"
Michael Jackson (sort of)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera
latessa Silver Member
01st Apr 2014
Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member
01st Apr 2014
quenton8 Silver Member
02nd Apr 2014
Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member
02nd Apr 2014
Howker Silver Member
03rd Apr 2014
rstcso Gold Member
06th Apr 2014

latessa Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Nov 2009Tue 01-Apr-14 08:43 AM
141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 01-Apr-14 08:44 AM by latessa

GB

>For some reason, I'm unable to delete unwanted photos
>in-camera from my 7100. I push the trash button, it asks if I
>want to delete, I say yes and hit the ok button, and...
>nothing. It won't let me delete.
>
>Have I erroneously changed a setting in the menu?

After pushing the trash button once you must push the trash button a second time to delete, not the OK button.

Eddie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Tue 01-Apr-14 10:04 PM
102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 0

Portsmouth, US

Also, make sure the SD card is unlocked. If it is locked, your images are protected from being deleted.

Bob

quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 02-Apr-14 12:43 AM
1220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

>Also, make sure the SD card is unlocked. If it is locked,
>your images are protected from being deleted.
>
>Bob

But if its locked you cannot write them to the card either!

----
Dennis Smith.

Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Wed 02-Apr-14 11:41 PM
102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 3

Portsmouth, US

My bad, I stand corrected, thanks Quentin for righting my wrong,

Bob

Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Thu 03-Apr-14 02:38 AM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 4

Redmond, US

If in doubt - read the instructions!!

We all do it but just recently we had a speaker at a camera club I was visiting & he had a list of the 10 things most camera buffs should do but don't. Yes you guessed it, not Reading the manual was right at the top!!

Having just got a D7100 I have taken his advice so now wading thru the amnual + digital Darrel's Mastering the D7100.

rstcso Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2013Sun 06-Apr-14 10:18 AM
766 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Can't delete from memory card in camera"
In response to Reply # 0

Round Rock, US

My D7100 did the same thing yesterday, Doug. I'd been shooting my granddaughter's birthday party and decided to delete a few of the oldest pictures on the card. They wouldn't delete. I kept on shooting without any problems. This morning I am able to delete them in-camera just fine.

I've been using the D7100 for a while and never had this happen before. I recently switched to Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb cards, although I can't see why this would matter. The only other difference between yesterday and this morning was I had downloaded the pictures with the card out of the camera in a reader, then put the card back in the camera. This shouldn't matter, either.

As soon as this happened I thought of your post and wanted you to know... you are not alone.

Regards,
Brent

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #33328 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.