Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3265
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 one-month usage review..." Previous topic | Next topic
billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 13-Dec-10 02:25 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 one-month usage review..."

US

http://nikon-d7000.net/videos/d7000-review-after-one-month-usage.html

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dhmiller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th May 2009Mon 13-Dec-10 03:23 PM
750 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 one-month usage review..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

I found that review to be rather vague and superficial - just a bunch of superlatives with little or no justification.
Not that I don;t enjoy the camera, but basically a rather valueless commentary.
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 14-Dec-10 12:03 AM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 one-month usage review..."
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 14-Dec-10 12:28 AM by JPJ

Toronto, CA

His justification is based on his own personal experiences comparing the d7k to his other cameras (including d700). Unfortunately that is not something that is really visible/tangible in his video.

However, if you look through his blog he has numerous posts covering his d7k use, including test photos and videos. He does a pretty good high ISO comparison between his d700 and d7000, using good subjects for checking fine detail retention (this test was posted in the forum at some prior point if I recall). He has another decent one on the AF systems ability to grab focus despite conditions that normally cause AF to 'misfire'.

If you read/view his review is conjunction with his blog posts on the d7k it makes for a much more compelling opinion. I assume he meant this for those that follow his blog and would have read his previous posts.

Jason

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3265 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.