Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #31702
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to shooting raw" Previous topic | Next topic
SaltandPep Registered since 10th Dec 2009Fri 27-Dec-13 05:45 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New to shooting raw"

US

I have always shot in JPEG. Shot in raw today to try some HDR photography. When I try to bring the photos up, I get a message that photoshop does not support my current camera (7100). I have elements 11. Do I have to upgrade in order to be able to see these photos? Thanks. Debbie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New to shooting raw
Asgard Administrator
27th Dec 2013
FuLinHyu Gold Member
31st Dec 2013
jbloom Gold Member
31st Dec 2013
FuLinHyu Gold Member
01st Jan 2014
SaltandPep
02nd Jan 2014

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 27-Dec-13 06:10 PM
50163 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New to shooting raw"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

As far as I know, Photoshop Elements 11 should open your Nikon D7100 raw files if Camera Raw is installed.

You can download the newest version from the Adobe Homepage.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

FuLinHyu Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2013Tue 31-Dec-13 02:26 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New to shooting raw"
In response to Reply # 0

Du Bois, US

The D7100 wasn't supported until RAW 7.4 from Adobe. If you had Photoshop CS6, that would have been updated in a download from Adobe (and would work retroactively in Elements as well - I have Elements 10/11/12 and all 3 work with my D7100 once my CS6 updated).

You can Download the Free Adobe 7.4 DNG Converter which will allow you to convert the RAW files from the D7100 into standard DNG files which your Elements should be able to interact with fine.

The Information/Download Page for it is here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5569

Hope that helps,
Marc (FuLinHyu)

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 31-Dec-13 05:46 PM
6088 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New to shooting raw"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Just run the update for Elements 11:

http://blogs.adobe.com/pselements/adobe-camera-raw-7-4-is-now-available-for-photoshop-elements-11/

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

FuLinHyu Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2013Wed 01-Jan-14 09:50 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: New to shooting raw"
In response to Reply # 3

Du Bois, US

>Just run the update for Elements 11:
>
>http://blogs.adobe.com/pselements/adobe-camera-raw-7-4-is-now-available-for-photoshop-elements-11/

Nice! What he said - didn't realize they had 7.4 for Elements out - this is the much better option, thanks for pointing it out.

Marc (FuLinHyu)

SaltandPep Registered since 10th Dec 2009Thu 02-Jan-14 12:46 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New to shooting raw"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thank you so much for all of your help. I really do appreciate it. I found it very helpful. Debbie

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #31702 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.