Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3105
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 a D300 killer?" Previous topic | Next topic
M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 10-Dec-10 06:13 PM
672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 a D300 killer?"

Jackson, US

I'd be curious now to hear from D300 users who have had their D7000 for a while. When setting side by side on the front seat of the truck, do you grab the D7000 or the D300(s) for wildlife photography? For scenic photographers, I'd bet the D7000 gets the nod, but do the 39 points and loss of a couple of frames per second affect your decision when the wildlife moment is crucial? I can see the benefits during early morning and late evening if the high ISO settings allow for better photos during tough light.

Some of the early reviews touted the D7000 as a D300 killer. Again, this question is directed to D300 users.

M. Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 a D300 killer?
intrepidnz
10th Dec 2010
Hotswimmer Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
JHCIII Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
RRRoger Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
AreBee
11th Dec 2010
ericbowles Moderator
11th Dec 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
11th Dec 2010
dm1dave Administrator
11th Dec 2010
Gamecocks Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
Floridian Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
Hotswimmer Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
poc
11th Dec 2010
M_Jackson Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
intrepidnz
11th Dec 2010
DsrtVW Gold Member
12th Dec 2010
JPJ Silver Member
12th Dec 2010
wordwizrd
12th Dec 2010
mrginhop
15th Dec 2010
mrginhop
15th Dec 2010

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Fri 10-Dec-10 06:46 PM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0

NZ

I have left my D300 behind! It can't compete, in my view. It nows spends its time in the spare bag now, in case I need a backup camera.

Am absolutely sold on the level of technology in the D7000. Its quite a step up from what was in the D300. Don't think I will use the D300 much from now on.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Hotswimmer Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2008Sat 11-Dec-10 12:47 AM
384 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0

Annapolis, US

While I don't think there's any arguing that the D7000 is a better, more capable, more advanced camera, the bottom line for a lot of present D300 owners is simply, are the additional features and capabilities of the D7000 worth spending another $1200+? For me, the answer is emphatically, no. I've come to know the D300 well and it does everything I need it to do, and will for many, many years to come. I'm not accusing anyone here of that, but I'm not a guy who goes out and buys the latest and greatest, just because it's there. If I didn't already own a D300 and were in the market it would be different - I would seriously consider the D7000, or possibly wait for the putative D700 replacement - the D700 is too long in the tooth right now to consider buying new.

Having handled both, I also like the ergonomics of the D300 better. I'm a big guy with big hands. I shoot the D300 partly for the same reason I shoot the Colt .45 automatic - they just fit me. I don't mind the extra weight. I mean, it would be a little idiotic for me to yammer about the difference in weight of the camera bodies when the lens I shoot most often is the 70-200mm f/2.8. I also like the additional switches on the D300 and their placement a lot better. Honestly, if some of the goodies in the D7000 came in a D300/D700 body, I could get a little more excited about it, but still not enough to make the jump, at least right now.

I emphatically do NOT want video on my DSLR, and can do without the data overhead of a 16MP or larger sensor.

JHCIII Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Sat 11-Dec-10 01:37 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 11-Dec-10 01:45 AM by JHCIII

monroe, US

I've carried the D300 everywhere, just about every day, for the last 3 years - approx 80,000 shutters. I've had the D7000 for a week, so it's really to early to say for sure, but here's a few scattered thoughts:

*the smaller size and weight is a bonus;

*can't get over that I'm limited to 3 bracketed shots!

*High ISO handling is a big improvement over the D300...but I need to get better acquainted with the D7000 to maximize, I think. ISO 1000 shots are certainly not bad, and much better than the D300, but not as jaw dropping as what I've seen from some D700s or D3s - but that's a tough comparison, and I'm probably asking too much. Again, I need more time with the D7000 to figure out how much sharpening and contrast impacts noise, etc.

* D7000 - much quieter....the slightly slower speed is barely noticeable (for my cityscape HDRs, dog/action shots, birds). The Q mode is even better, but not exactly silent by any means.

*Fast NEFs are a big plus...my old D80 remote is now back in service....now I need a new (extra) battery charger for the office.

* I was going to hold out for the D300 replacement (next year) but figure it's going to be $1,600 or more. Who knows what the yen will do....

* Auto ISO starting at 100 is nice, but the D300 has that Lo.3 thing...

Preliminary bottom line: I was going to need a new camera one of these days...D7000 at least marginally better, and probably more so once I get the hang of it. Not a jaw dropping slam dunk, but better.

So far I've shot with nikons 70-200VRII, 70-300, 16-35, 10-24, 50mm f/1.8, 105VR, and Tamron 17-50. Some minor probs mounting the Tamron - need an extra stron twist to mount properly. (I keep promising my wife I'll sell some lenses to offset the camera!)

I'll be interested to hear from others, and will let you know if I my experience changes.

Just posted a shot at ISO 640 in my gallery.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 11-Dec-10 02:11 AM
3087 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 3

Monterey Bay, US

I liked the D90 better in every way I used the camera than the D300.
So the D7000 is a slam dunk for me.

AreBee Registered since 27th Apr 2008Sat 11-Dec-10 11:45 AM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0

Inverness, GB

>Some of the early reviews touted the D7000 as a D300 killer.<

Mine still appears to be alive and kicking. No D7000 for me, thanks. My next purchase will have at its heart the D3X's 24.5MP sensor without the D3X's price tag.

Rob
www.robbuckle.co.uk

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sat 11-Dec-10 11:56 AM
8171 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 11-Dec-10 12:00 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

I have had a D7000 almost a month. I purchased it for my wife to replace her D300. The lighter weight and addition of video are a plus, but there is a learning curve. For her, the addition of video and light weight are enough to tilt the balance to the D7000. For me, they are not enough.

I shoot a D300 and am not compelled to carry the D7000 over the D300. Most of the differences are small enhancements - not ground breaking. The ability to pick up an extra stop of ISO performance is a plus. I find the 39 point AF a disadvantage compared to 51 points of the D300 - especially for landscapes or groups of animals where your focus point might not be the subject (focus is a distance rather than a primary feature). The layout of buttons on the outside of the camera is a mixed bag. The ISO display of the D300 is better for me. I prefer the individual button for moving between a single AF point and a group. I like the size and weight of the D300, especially when using f/2.8 lenses. With the D7000 I prefer the weight and feel with the grip so there is not a weight advantage.

I prefer the D7000 approach to WB (ability to dial in a specific value) - but in practice I shoot RAW and use Daylight WB most of the time. The multiple exposure settings of the D7000 are better since you don't need to reset it every shot. The added pixels of the D7000 are a nice plus, but the D300 is adequate up to 20x30 prints. The D7000 has advantages, but they are infrequent needs and are not compelling for 97% of my typical use.

Bottom line - my D300 goes with me and I will probably use a D300 as a backup over her D7000 when I head to Yellowstone next month. If I were buying new, the D7000 would be my choice as there are a lot of small advantages. I guess that makes it a D300 killer from a purchase standpoint. As a heavy D300 user (35,000 images per year), the next camera for me will probably be a D4/D800 rather than a D7000 so I will carry a FX+DX kit.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 11-Dec-10 03:52 PM
4090 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

Plain and simple I could not wait any longer for the D400. So the D7000 is a D400-killer for me since the D400 does not exist

I am almost certain to also get the D400 at some point but I won't have to rush and pre-order it having the D7000 in hand now.

So right now when shooting wildlife my D7000 is my #1 camera and my D300 is my #2. Ironically I am already happier with my D300 than I was before, because in my #2 role I do not have to stretch it as high on the ISO side of things. An un-stretched D300 is a very good camera!

The stretching to the limit work I'll leave to the D7000 (and so far it seems to be responding well).

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 11-Dec-10 04:09 PM
11075 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 11-Dec-10 08:51 PM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

The important thing to remember is that theses cameras are not competing with each other.

There are a lot of comparisons between the D7000 and the D300, D700 but those other cameras set known benchmarks that help us evaluate the new body in town. Each of these bodies are marketed to somewhat different segment of photographers. Of course there is some overlap in those market segments but this is not and should not be a D7000 vs D300 vs D700 situation.

The valid question is ... How dose the D7000 fair against equivalent bodies from other camera makers? So far it seems that the D7000 is currently the best camera in its class.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Underwater | Online Assignments| Best of 2014

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sat 11-Dec-10 11:28 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 8

Joanna, US

I agree with you, Dave. Like beauty, whether one camera is better than another is in the eye of the beholder. Certainly, because of the potential market, the engineering differences between bodies will be different as they should be. Does that make one body a killer over another? Not unless you compare "oranges with oranges". Imho, this is a moot point because everybody will have their own personal preferences and in the end it really doesn't matter so long as the user is satisfied with their individual choice.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Sat 11-Dec-10 04:29 PM
2672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Seems to me (having never used a D7000, except to try one out in a store) that if buying a camera today, the D7000 would be a better choice than a D300s, and that for someone wanting a D300-type body it might be better to wait for the D400.

But I wouldn't think the D7000 would make a D300 obsolete, or that if you had both you wouldn't want to use your D300 anymore. I'm basing that on my own experience as a D300 and D50 owner. Obviously, the D300 is the better camera, but for probably 90% of my photography, you wouldn't be able to tell which camera the photo came from, and I still use my D50 a lot, even though I have a "better" camera. Unless I need the high ISO, or might be shooting something where I might want to make really big prints, you just can't see the difference in the results from a D50 and a D300, and I'll bet the same would be true of a D7000.

I can see why the D7000 would "kill" the market for the D300s, but based on my experience with different cameras, as a D300 owner I'm not thinking that I'd get much better photos if I "upgraded" to the D7000.

Randy

Hotswimmer Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2008Sat 11-Dec-10 08:06 PM
384 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 9

Annapolis, US

You're totally correct in your analysis. We have to be mindful of the fact that Nikon's (and any other camera manufacturer's) goal is to sell as many cameras as possible. There's a big marketing infrastructure in place to further that goal.

A camera is a discretionary purchase. And very few people can truly justify going out and buying a new DSLR every two years. Most people's needs don't evolve that fast, and we're at a point where the advancements being made in DSLR technology don't matter very much to how most people shoot. Marketing hype is designed to convince you of the opposite, and NAS can strike

Additionally, when you publish an article like "Is the D7000 a D300 Killer?", for a segment of people, the "keeping up with the Joneses" thing kicks in. Some people simply have to have the latest and greatest, or want to say that they do - you often see them posting on reviews how last year's camera model is now "irrelevant" despite the fact that it would probably serve the average user's needs for decades. Others can't stand to show up with something that's now perceived to be second rate. It's the American way - spend money you don't have, to buy things you don't need, to impress people you don't like"

poc Registered since 08th Jan 2008Sat 11-Dec-10 08:23 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 10

Glenview, US

I've only had the D7k for a few days but after this early experience, this is not, in my opinion, a D300 killer. My original thought was to replace my D90/ D300s combo with one camera. Although the D7k is an amazing camera with great technological features, I will probably remain a two body photographer.

For everyday stuff, I will probably lean towards the newer camera, but for landscapes on a tripod, you cannot beat the ability to customize of the D300s. The extra buttons do make a difference when you are out in the field.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sat 11-Dec-10 10:57 PM
672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 11

Jackson, US

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the posts. I believe it was Ken Rockwell's review that states it is a D300 killer, but seems like I read it on a couple of other reviews, too. Having two D300 bodies sitting here, I didn't care for the statement that much. Both of my D300 bodies have over 200,000 actuations, so I was more or less in the market for some sort of camera when the D7000 information started hitting the Internet.

I had a D7000 for a couple of days and took it back after having AF Fine Tune issues and a few hot pixels in the video. I am more or less still in the market for a "fill-in" camera until the D400/D800 bodies are announced. I've even been watching eBay to see if there were any really good buys on a D300 or D300s body. I liked quite a few of the new features on the D7000 and wasn't excited about a few of the others. I probably shoot the bulk of my photos with single servo, spot focus and the D7000 seemed very limiting in both the number of focus points, but also where they let you place them. The six FPS was an issue, but not a deal breaker.

The other variable that isn't addressed much here is the different connector for the remote switches. The D300 and D700 bodies use a standard 10 pin connection. I don't recall what thy call the D7000 connection, but it is different. Most of the D300 users probably also have an investment in remote switches including Pocket Wizards, Lightning Trigger, and either an MC-30 or MC-36 remote trigger. I also have an angle L viewer for my 300 bodies. I didn't check the fit on the D7000.

Lastly, I have a 32 gig, 600x CF card for my D300 bodies. They are considerably faster than the 300x cards I had been using. I purchased a pair of 32 gig, Class 10 SD cards for the D7000. I didn't do any scientific testing, but it certainly seemed the D7000 was slower writing to the card when filling the buffer. It was noticeable again to me when I picked up my D300 body after turning in the D7000. I was curious if anyone else noticed this, which is part of my request to hear only from D300 users.

My question had a bit of a hidden agenda, mainly to see if others were going to echo what I had experienced once all the initial hype died down. One of my D300 bodies has a MD-10 grip and the other doesn't. Both have L-Angle brackets. The size, weight and shape of the D7000 wasn't an issue to me either way. I liked where some of the buttons were placed and not others. I really liked the U1 an U2 options.

After only a couple of days of shooting, I never felt like it was a D300 killer. Aside from the price issue, it had features that were a step up and several that had me feeling like I had taken a step backwards. I'd probably end, or begin, my review of a D7000 with something like, "For the money, it is a heck of a camera".

I'd still like to hear from other D300 users that have been using their new D7000 bodies for a while.

Best regards,
M. Jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Sat 11-Dec-10 11:25 PM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 12

NZ

I woud like to add to me first post on this thread.

I had a D300 for quite a few years and it or one of the lenses, has always gone in for servicing on the periodic occasion. So I was reduced to having a less than satisfactory backup camera (an old D70) or a limited lens choice. I was rather dissatisfied with this arrangement so when I got sick earlier this year, I shouted myself two new lenses (10-24, the new 18-200) and a new SB600. I also wanted a new backup camera but alternated between another D300 body or waita little while for a new camera.

About that time, an annoucement was rumoured to be forthcoming about a new Nikon camera. I expected it to be the D300 replacement but it turned out to be the D7000. After reading the specs, it was obvious to me that this was the one I wanted and the D300 was to become the backup camera.

I am more than happy with the D7000 but its quite different in operation (in my mind) to the D300, which qualifies my statement above. I will find it hard to go back to the D300 because it does operate differently.

I was quite happy with the D300 but I like the D7000 more. It makes tkaing photos that much more enjoyable and the autofocus is that much better!

DsrtVW Gold Member Nikonian since 16th Dec 2007Sun 12-Dec-10 02:40 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 13

US

I miss my D300, I love my D7000 but I miss the ergonomics of the D300 as someone previously mention I have big hands.D7000 is not bad but the feel of the D300 is much nicer. D300 will be going in for repair soon. D300 has AF issues and has over 120000 shutter trips. The D7000 has filled in the gap of having no camera at all, though my backup is a D50.
Will I get the D300 replacement when it comes out. Yes but I will probably not be one of the first to get one when they do release it. If the D7000 is any indication of things to come the D400 or whatever they will call it will be quite a machine.
Recent photos section on my website is all D7000 images
http://www.kadvantage.smugmug.com/

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Sun 12-Dec-10 04:50 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 15

Toronto, CA

Have you tried adding the grip to the d7k to see if this helps with the size issue?

Jason

wordwizrd Registered since 24th Nov 2010Sun 12-Dec-10 08:39 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 16
Sun 12-Dec-10 09:42 PM by briantilley

US

I have a D300 --- now my wife's #1 camera --- a D700 and a D2x. The D7000 has been a great addition. In the 3 1/2 weeks I've had it, I've shot about 10,500 frames of football, soccer, hockey, basketball, ice skating, snowshoe racing, running ... and even some stationary objects. Each camera has its plusses and minuses, but they all do a great job.

If I could add anything to the D7000, it would be the provision to lock shutter speed. That becomes a consideration when shooting in cold weather with heavy mitts over my shooting gloves. I sometimes accidentally rotate the shutter speed wheel. This week, world cup bobsledding comes to town, and it will be cold, so I'll need to live with the mitts, but the tradeoff is a faster shooting rate than with the D700 and the wonderfully huge files from the D7000 that allow me to crop to the meat of action shots while still giving newspapers all the resolution they can handle.

I'll go back to the D700 this week to test performance with my favorite basketball lens --- the 50mm f/1.4, the perfect lens for working the baseline near the hoop. It seemed to me during a game the other night that the D7000 was lagging on focus lock and shooting rate with that lens. When I swapped to the 17-35mm for the second half of the game, the shooting rate went up, but the slower lens was a problem in a typically dark high school gym. Maybe I need to try some D7000 custom settings with the 50mm.

I've found some lenses are quicker than others on the D7000. the 70-200mm VR and 17-35mm f/2.8 are as quick on the D7000 as on any other camera, but it strikes me that the 50mm, the 85mm f/1.4 and the 18-200mm VR all lag just a bit. Is that the fault of the camera or of the lenses? I don't know just yet. While I could make the argument that top lenses get top results, I'm at a loss for the slowness of the 50 and 85 ... unless maybe slightly older technology is at fault. I've had those two lenses for quite some time.

One hugely pleasant surprise with the D7000 is battery life. It was a big concern before some spares arrived, and I recharged more often than usual to keep the battery fresh. With spares in hand, I allowed the battery in the camera to fall to 8 percent charge last week, and the frame count before I pulled it out to recharge was 4,128. The battery in the camera now shows 54 percent at 2,946 frames... a far cry from the batteries in the old D1 models that died quickly, especially in the cold. Temperature does not seem to affect the EN-EL15.

So, back to the original question: is the D7000 a D300 killer? For my purposes, yes. When I upgraded to the D700, the first thing I noticed was the huge gain in dynamic range from the D300 to the D700. I immediately noticed greater detail on darker complexions in challenging light situations. The D7000 continues that attention to range of detail, offers higher ISO and bigger files than the D300, all at a lower price. It seems to me that if Nikon made any big mistake with this camera, it was making it so good at such an attractive price.

mrginhop Registered since 29th Mar 2009Wed 15-Dec-10 04:48 AM
98 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 17

Newfields, US

Wondering how you are finding the D700 vs. the D7000 especially re. higher ISOs & AFS (e.g acquisition & tracking)?

mrginhop Registered since 29th Mar 2009Wed 15-Dec-10 04:56 AM
98 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: D7000 a D300 killer?"
In response to Reply # 17

Newfields, US

I forgot to add that I too have had problems accidentally rotating the shutter speed dial on my D7000 even without cloves. Lost a lot of BIFs while shooting at Basqued del Apache just a week ago in manual mode. Somehow the wheel placement is different than the D300 I own. A lock would be great.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3105 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.