Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30969
View in linear mode

Subject: ""new" 7100 rocks" Previous topic | Next topic
Umbanikon Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jul 2004Wed 27-Nov-13 08:40 AM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
""new" 7100 rocks"

Spring Hill, US

Have had a refurb (looked new to me) d7100 for just over two months, my first journey into digital from my F4/F5 Velvia days.

I purchased a new Nikkor 16-85mm zoom which I keep mounted to the camera 90% of the time. The resulting images are amazing. Sharp, color is fantastic, controls easy to utilize. Then I hung my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 and my 24mm f/2.8 primes on the d7100 and oh my gosh what beautiful sharp images. Finally, mounted my "antique" Nikkor 105mm f/4 MF macro lens to the camera. Mind blowing clarity, detail and colors. I can't wait to mount my Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8.

The d7100 is giving me 18" x 24" prints that are brilliant. What a wonderful camera.

"Seize the Light"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 28-Nov-13 03:25 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: "new" 7100 rocks"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>The d7100 is giving me 18" x 24" prints that are
>brilliant. What a wonderful camera.

Yep, it'll do that!

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

markel253 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2013Wed 04-Dec-13 08:22 PM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: "new" 7100 rocks"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Indeed it is ... and I never shy away from refurbs of any type ... and have never had an issue with them.

------------------
Mark
50 years of amateur photography
Currently using Nikon D7100
My walk around lens is a Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM
Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro Nikkor
Tokina AT-X116PRDXN AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR
Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 APO DG Macro
Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Spiratone 500mm mirror
Vivitar DF-383 DEDICATED ETTL LCD Flash
Still - and always - learning photography

http://imagegatherer.wordpress.com/
http://mlf365.blogspot.com/

DadofTriplets23 Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2013Thu 05-Dec-13 01:28 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: "new" 7100 rocks"
In response to Reply # 0

Mableton, US

I've just been using my new 7100 more often, now that I've taken a class on digital camera use. And finally think I'm getting a sense of what you're finding with your camera. I keep a 24-85mm on mine most all the time - a lot of versatility. Very exciting to see the results on the monitor - and haven't even printed yet.

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 05-Dec-13 05:20 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: "new" 7100 rocks"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>and haven't even printed yet.

Remember, in this digital age, if you don't print it, you don't really have it.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30969 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.