Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3080
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Prices - Body and Kit" Previous topic | Next topic
avigar Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2006Fri 10-Dec-10 02:12 AM
485 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"

Northern IL, US

Has anyone purchased or have seen the D7000, body or kit, below MSRP prices yet? I really haven't seen anything below $1499.99 for the kit and 1199.99 for the body only.

Also, considering the reported issues seen in this forum, is it worthwhile to hold out for at least a few months longer? Maybe, most issues will be resolved by then.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit
RRRoger Silver Member
10th Dec 2010
MikeyBiker Silver Member
10th Dec 2010
RRRoger Silver Member
10th Dec 2010
MikeyBiker Silver Member
11th Dec 2010
cemba99
10th Dec 2010
caesarhernandez
10th Dec 2010
glennaa11 Silver Member
10th Dec 2010
billD80 Silver Member
10th Dec 2010

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberFri 10-Dec-10 03:31 AM
3135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Monterey Bay, US

Most issues were resolved as user error.

There have been coupons at Best Buys that could be used for the D7000.
I have seen a few others with discounted prices including Amazon.com

Nikon has many instant rebates on lens bought with the camera.
I just ordered a 10-24, 18-200 VRII, and a 28-300.
Yes, you can stack them.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MikeyBiker Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2010Fri 10-Dec-10 07:06 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 1

Valparaiso, US

>Nikon has many instant rebates on lens bought with the camera.
>I just ordered a 10-24, 18-200 VRII, and a 28-300.
>Yes, you can stack them.

Please clarify for a relative newbie:

Would you expect the Nikon rebates to be 'best of the season' or would they have an after-the-holidays deeper cut?

Would the Nikon prices be competitive {or even undercutting} the best of on-line shopping from the prime vendors?

I will be getting the D7000, 10-24 and possibly the 35mm if I can squeeze that into my budget. What do you mean by "stack them"?

Thanks in advance.
mike

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberFri 10-Dec-10 08:19 PM
3135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 7

Monterey Bay, US

>>Nikon has many instant rebates on lens bought with the
>camera.
>>I just ordered a 10-24, 18-200 VRII, and a 28-300.
>>Yes, you can stack them.
>
>Please clarify for a relative newbie:
>
>Would you expect the Nikon rebates to be 'best of the season'
>or would they have an after-the-holidays deeper cut?
>
>Would the Nikon prices be competitive {or even undercutting}
>the best of on-line shopping from the prime vendors?
>
>I will be getting the D7000, 10-24 and possibly the 35mm if I
>can squeeze that into my budget. What do you mean by
>"stack them"?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>mike

Stack them = I get the ($200-$300 for these lens) rebate on each lens.

I do not expect a better deal in the future, but could be wrong.
At any rate all the Nikkors I have bought in the past are now worth more than I paid for them.
And, these are not the only Nikkors that have rebates available.
There is an old list including the 28-300 expiring on the 12th and a new list without that lens but adding others.

I am getting these instant rebates from Nikon thru my local camera store.
The prices net out to
$699.99 for the 10-24mm
$599.95 for the 18-200 VRII
$749.96 for the 28-300
+ local tax
Best news is that they all are in stock at the Western Nikon USA warehouse and I will get them Monday Dec 13 or Tuesday at the latest.

MikeyBiker Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2010Sat 11-Dec-10 04:40 PM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 8

Valparaiso, US

Thanks for the clarification.
I'd like to keep my money 'local' too, and will check with them for first refusal on my final package.
BTW, my brother is a Monterey local, and our visits with my grandson included handling the skulls at Pt. Lobos, with the docent being very gracious. The aquarium was specactular.
If I knew how to post some images, I'd share.
Have fun.
mike

cemba99 Registered since 30th Mar 2010Fri 10-Dec-10 01:28 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 10-Dec-10 01:28 PM by cemba99

US

Calumet Camera is having a "holiday sale event" which can get you $100 off the MSRP of a D7000. However, (and this is the big catch) one must pay for the camera now to take advantage of the sale, and then be put on Calumet's waiting list for delivery. (Their estimates right now say it could be up to two months before you get the D7000)

caesarhernandez Registered since 04th Nov 2010Fri 10-Dec-10 04:08 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

CR

I just got one, it is perfect and fantastic in every way!!!

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Fri 10-Dec-10 05:24 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

To the contrary, rather than discounts I have seen all sorts of places price gouging. I wouldn't expect a discount on a brand new product that is basically sold out for months to come. But I also don't appreciate places trying to make a big markup. I suppose that's capitalism though. If everyone avoids the gougers they will need to come into line.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those Best Buy deals. I think it will be months before my order at Adorama gets fulfilled.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 10-Dec-10 05:37 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 Prices - Body and Kit"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Be very careful with sellers who offer a discount on the D7000...

Calumet is a top company, but there are others, like Broadway Photo, that advertize prices too good to be true. Some folks remove factory packed items, like the battery, and sell them back to you, so you wind up paying at least as much, if not more than MSRP.

The old adage, "if it seems too good... it probably is." applies here.

I wouldn't pay more than $1199. just on principle, because patience is all that's needed for getting the MSRP. But I'd also be careful with paying less (unless from a truly reputable company).

Fact is, my D7000 is used, and I could easily get more than I paid for it right now.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #3080 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.