Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30788
View in linear mode

Subject: "Deleting copyright information on d7000" Previous topic | Next topic
mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Mon 18-Nov-13 10:31 AM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Deleting copyright information on d7000"

GB

How do I delete/amend the artists name in the copyright information on d7000. I want to completely remove the existing names as it is no longer applicable and substitute it with my own.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000
Pete Wilson Gold Member
18th Nov 2013
jbloom Gold Member
18th Nov 2013
mbarnes
18th Nov 2013
SheriB Silver Member
18th Nov 2013
mbarnes
19th Nov 2013
jbloom Gold Member
19th Nov 2013
Crisol
22nd Nov 2013
dm1dave Administrator
18th Nov 2013

Pete Wilson Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2004Mon 18-Nov-13 11:06 AM
866 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Lake Orion, US

One of the items in the "setup" menu (wrench icon) is copyright information. The name can be changed here.

Pete Wilson
Nikonian from Lake Orion, Michigan
My Nikonians gallery

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Mon 18-Nov-13 11:07 AM
6109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Use the Setup menu's "Copyright Information" item to set the Artist and Copyright fields. If a field is already full, as soon as you enter it hit the delete ("trash can") button repeatedly to delete the letters. Then enter your own. The on-screen help will show which buttons to use.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Mon 18-Nov-13 01:48 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

>Use the Setup menu's "Copyright Information" item
>to set the Artist and Copyright fields. If a field is already
>full, as soon as you enter it hit the delete ("trash
>can") button repeatedly to delete the letters.

Thankyou for your reply. I am obviously missing something as I do not appear to have a 'delete' button. Where will I find it?

SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010Mon 18-Nov-13 04:35 PM
1615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

US

The button with the little waste can icon on it is the delete

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Tue 19-Nov-13 06:11 PM
#6. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 4

GB

Many thanks for all your replies. Thanks to you all have now resolved my problem. One of the great things about this site - especially if you are a newbie - is that you can ask what turns out to be quite basic question without feeling embarrassed or fearing ridicule.
I belong to a camera club in the UK and have not had the confidence to ask this question.
What I have learnt is that Nikonians is not a club - its more like a family. Thankyou.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Tue 19-Nov-13 09:18 PM
6109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 6

Wethersfield, US

I think many of us remember when we asked such seemingly simple questions and got helpful answers. I've been on this site almost 10 years and am still asking them... but I'm a slow learner!

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Crisol Registered since 15th Apr 2013Fri 22-Nov-13 12:44 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 7

Barcelona, ES

There are also software options that allow you to do it afterwards.
But they are specially usefull to delete all data so you can keep you anonimity.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 18-Nov-13 08:30 PM
11299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Deleting copyright information on d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Lowden, US

In addition to the Copyright there is an Image Comment field that you may need to change if the previous owner had filled it in. It is also under the setup menu.

See pages 238, 243 of the manual.

The Delete button is on the upper right hand side on the back of the camera. It is item #3 in the illustration on page 5 of the manual.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30788 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.