Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30666
View in linear mode

Subject: "d5300 or d7100" Previous topic | Next topic
anilgunjal Registered since 10th Nov 2013Sun 10-Nov-13 04:14 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"d5300 or d7100"

US

Hello

I am new to this forum. Hello everyone! I currently have a d5000. I plan on using my camera for HD Video and still pics. Nothing professional. I am missing the Mic IN as I do a lot of Video Marketing.
I have done so much research that I have confused myself...

My question is will the d5300 be enough or should I spring for the 7100? I will mostly be doing videos and see most videographers using a Nikon. Any advice is appreciated.

If money were not an option and you had a choice for video which would you do?

thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PCassidy Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2011Sun 10-Nov-13 05:18 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: d5300 or d7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 10-Nov-13 05:19 PM by PCassidy

Gainesville, US

I can't speak towards the 5300 but I can tell you that the 7100 is worth every penny can handle video and offers stereo audio and the ability to use older AIS lenses to allow you the camera person to apply various aperture techniques to you imagery. Such as fade to black.

My suggestion is to do a comparison and see what the 5300 lacks that the 7100 has.

Paul

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Einstein
------------------------------------------------------>
Nikon F, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F100
Nikon D300 D7100

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

simonleung101 Registered since 11th Sep 2012Mon 11-Nov-13 05:14 PM
110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: d5300 or d7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 11-Nov-13 05:15 PM by simonleung101

Los Angeles, US

If the video is important to you, I believe the D5300 can record 1080p at 60fps and the D7100 is maxed out at 30fps. Other than WiFi and GPS, D7100 has more dedicated control but the fully articulated screen on the D5300 is definitely an advantage for videography. They are very similar. In fact, I might pick up one of these for travel.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30666 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.