Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30416
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mirror Lockup for sensor cleaning" Previous topic | Next topic
dbuckenmyer Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2009Sat 19-Oct-13 04:01 PM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Mirror Lockup for sensor cleaning"

Jackson, US

I am trying to remove a hair that is stuck on my sensor in my D7000. When I go to "Menu," "Set Up Menu," "Lock mirror up for cleaning" is grayed out and if I press OK or the right arrow, I get a notice that says "This option is not available with current settings." I have tried to do this in Manual mode, Single shot & Mup. What am I missing?

dbuckenmyer

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sat 19-Oct-13 04:03 PM
28752 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mirror Lockup for sensor cleaning"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

You need to make sure that you have a fully-charged battery. Mirror-up for Cleaning is not available when the battery is part-used.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

dbuckenmyer Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2009Sat 19-Oct-13 10:39 PM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Mirror Lockup for sensor cleaning"
In response to Reply # 1

Jackson, US

Thanks Brian, I seem to remember hearing that before. Funny thing is, I saw that the battery was half full and thought I should charge it before cleaning. I guess we should always trust our intuition.

dbuckenmyer

Wolphin Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Mar 2012Fri 01-Nov-13 01:36 PM
93 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Mirror Lockup for sensor cleaning"
In response to Reply # 1

Calgary, CA

Other option I do is charged battery in the camera, and the AC adapter in the grip. Means normally I don't have to worry about discharging the battery, and if the power fails (very unlikely, but can happen), I'd still have power to finish!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30416 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.