Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30412
View in linear mode

Subject: "Artificial Horizion" Previous topic | Next topic
Bantock Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2013Fri 18-Oct-13 05:54 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Artificial Horizion"

GB

Strange on on the d7100
for some reason I cannot seem to turn the horizion in LV off
when I go into the setup meue it tells me that the AH function is not available
Has anybody got an idea or how do I perform a full factory reset
Thanks
Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 19-Oct-13 02:00 PM
2906 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Artificial Horizion"
In response to Reply # 0

Hatboro, Pa, US

The Virtual Horizon in LV is turned On and Off by pressing the info button.

Len

Bantock Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Sep 2013Sun 20-Oct-13 10:05 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Artificial Horizion"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thank you both for the answers, yes it was the info button that did it
sometimes when you get a new camera as a total amature you overlook the obvious !
stiil on an up and still trying to get the perfect moon pictures .
Chris

PCassidy Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2011Sat 19-Oct-13 03:49 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Artificial Horizion"
In response to Reply # 0

Gainesville, US

the lines in the viewfinder are different than the display on the lcd. In the VF you get a black line on the vertical plane in the center bottom. . . then a series of dashes left or right when you have tdc "top dead center" you get a circle below the center post line.

I setup my function button to turn it on and off.

cheers

Paul

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Einstein
------------------------------------------------------>
Nikon F, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F100
Nikon D300 D7100

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30412 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.