Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30411
View in linear mode

Subject: "Battery info" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Fri 18-Oct-13 01:13 AM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Battery info"

IL

Yesterday I shot with my D7100 a total of 1,110 photos.
My image quality was set for Raw(large) and JPG(basic).
Checked the Battery info when I finished it had 39% left in the charge.
Way beyond my expectations !!!!!

At the end of the evening I think I saw "Go To Hell" on the camera's back monitor, but I'm not sure.....
Ben

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Battery info
PCassidy Gold Member
19th Oct 2013
BigBen636
19th Oct 2013
sduck409 Silver Member
20th Oct 2013
km6xz Moderator
20th Oct 2013
               Reply message Battery info
BigBen636
20th Oct 2013

PCassidy Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2011Sat 19-Oct-13 03:58 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Battery info"
In response to Reply # 0

Gainesville, US

Just curious as to what battery you are using. The Nikon or an after market variety? Regardless you achieved great performance.

cheers

Paul

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Einstein
------------------------------------------------------>
Nikon F, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F100
Nikon D300 D7100

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Sat 19-Oct-13 10:24 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Battery info"
In response to Reply # 1

IL

It was the Nikon EN-EL15.
I later bought another spare Nikon EN-EL15 battery and checked both within a month or two after I bought my D7100 and found that new battery's age was listed as "new" and the age of the original battery that came with camera was 3 out of 4, meaning 75% new.
I was very surprised when I downloaded my photos and then saw I still had 39% "juice" left.
Ben

sduck409 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013Sun 20-Oct-13 04:20 AM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Battery info"
In response to Reply # 2

Nashville, US

I've gotten some surprisingly high numbers of pics from a fully charged battery also - not that many, but more than the "average" high number you can find online somewhere. I think it's a matter of never using the back monitor to check your pictures, only shooting raw, perhaps not using vr or other kinds of stabilization, and using manual focus as much as possible.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sun 20-Oct-13 06:04 AM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Battery info"
In response to Reply # 3

St Petersburg, RU

Yes, camera settings make a big difference but overall the D7x00 series is excellent conserving battery charge duration. I do not use my D7000 as much as I used to be it, and apparently the D7100, share that very modest core power consumption trait.
The figures reported are similar to mine but I do not use the monitor that much, and turn off a lot of in-camera processing but do use VR and AF-S lenses primarily, and seldom use LiveView, chimp or shoot video. Video kills my D800 batteries very quickly. I get 3-4 times the frame count from a fully charged D7000 battery than when used in the D800. If I am shooting an event with both, the extra battery in the grip of the D7000 is used as a spare when needed for the D800 since the two in the D800 are exhausted quicker than the one on the D7000.
So, there are few gadgets that deliver more pleasure and fun per milliwatt than a D7x00 series cameras. If my smartphone had as much battery use efficiency I would be very happy.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Sun 20-Oct-13 11:20 PM
#5. " Battery info"
In response to Reply # 4

IL

I used a SB-800 the entire time with the exception of 20-30 photos. Since this really the first time I used the SB-800 and initially did check my back monitor, but overall it was off all the time.
Used two sets (of 5) Duracell rechargeable on the SB-800. Would have taken an extra set, but didn't think I would need it (always, never enough):-). I had the VR and auto focus on.
Ben

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30411 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.