Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30075
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens" Previous topic | Next topic
mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Sun 22-Sep-13 07:02 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"

GB

For some reason the greens on my camera seem to be exaggerated (too much luminance/saturation) no matter what settings I use . All the other colures seem natural seem correct. Is there anything I can do on camera (rather post processing) to correct this?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens
JosephK Silver Member
22nd Sep 2013
mbarnes
23rd Sep 2013
km6xz Moderator
23rd Sep 2013
mbarnes
23rd Sep 2013
mjhach Silver Member
25th Sep 2013
mbarnes
26th Sep 2013
ithompson72 Silver Member
26th Sep 2013

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 22-Sep-13 11:28 PM
3712 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

Any chance you can upload an example photo with all the EXIF data intact so that we can see what you are seeing?

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Mon 23-Sep-13 03:38 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Sorry I don't have access to my computer till the weekend as I am away. If I have not resolved my problem by then I will do so then. Many thanks for your reply.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Mon 23-Sep-13 06:41 AM
3262 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

Are you seeing this on jpg only or raw also? Was your monitor calibrated recently? If jpg only, what Picture
Control is selected?
If RAW only, what raw rendering program are you using?
What color space are you using. If you are using missmatched color space between camera settings and computer, green is impacted more than others. Try setting both to sRGB and see if that is the cause.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Mon 23-Sep-13 03:51 PM
#4. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

Thankyou for your reply. I always shoot in raw and use Lightroom 5 for any post processing. The problem is evident on screen and when I print images. Both my computer (MAC) and camera are set to sRGB. Oddly enough the problem seems to get worse if I set the camera to standard or neutral rather than vivid. I have not as yet calibrated my monitor to my printer as I don't know how to do this, and will need to research it first.

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Wed 25-Sep-13 12:16 AM
464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 4

Simcoe, CA

I use Datacolor's Spyder Pro 3 system for monitor calibration and am pleased with the results and ease of use.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mbarnes Registered since 04th Aug 2013Thu 26-Sep-13 09:36 AM
#6. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 5

GB

Many thanks for your reply. I intend to invest in a calibrator so this will help. My problem however was evident on screen and on print but I think I have discovered why. I found a very tiny bright green insect, sadly dead, in my cameral which seems to have given out a green colour cast. I have removed it but will get my camera cleaned properly as well.

ithompson72 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Aug 2008Thu 26-Sep-13 12:50 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D7000 - Colour Balance- exaggerated greens"
In response to Reply # 6

Chichester, GB

Maybe complete wrong here but have you checked you don't have a custom white balance set? Or maybe the auto WB is playing up and selecting wrongly - forcing a WB may change the cast of the image?

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30075 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.