Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30063
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 - Images not stored" Previous topic | Next topic
fredinlancaster Registered since 17th Sep 2013Sun 22-Sep-13 04:48 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 - Images not stored"

US

I have been successfully using my D7100 since April This week I had two strange events where the shutter was clicking but no images were being stored. Those images were never seen again. Turning the camera off/on restored the ability to record images.

It seems like when the buffer fills (which was possible) that the camera is ceasing to recover? I was in the midst of shooting race finishers - bursts of 2-5 images. After a minimium of 10 minutes I resumed shooting and shot perhaps 30 images of the start of the next race - none of which were stored. Five minutes later when I noticed the problem I could not store a single image - until I powered the camera off/on.

I am using a 32 GB San Disk Extreme, freshly formatted in slot one - slot 2 empty. I have taken easily 2000 images on this card - formatting after each shoot - without a problem. I was using CH and CL settings.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Fred

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 - Images not stored
JosephK Silver Member
22nd Sep 2013
fredinlancaster
23rd Sep 2013
lemartin Silver Member
28th Sep 2013
barkleybeast
01st Nov 2013
fredinlancaster
01st Nov 2013

JosephK Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 22-Sep-13 05:41 AM
3721 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 - Images not stored"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, WA, US

To start isolating the problem of card vs camera, do you have another card to try?

---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
Joseph K
Seattle, WA, USA

D700, D200, D70S, 24-70mm f/2.8, VR 70-200mm f/2.8 II,
50mm f/1.4 D, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX

fredinlancaster Registered since 17th Sep 2013Mon 23-Sep-13 08:29 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 - Images not stored"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Joseph - I will give it a try.

Fred

lemartin Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2009Sat 28-Sep-13 05:23 AM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 - Images not stored"
In response to Reply # 2

Louisville, US

I also have encountered this problem, twice. The camera would focus normally and take an exposure, just not write the new image to the card. I was taking single images, not a burst. After turning off the camera and removing then reinserting the card, the camera functioned normally.

I have since done the firmware update. I wonder if that will make any difference.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

barkleybeast Registered since 01st Nov 2013Fri 01-Nov-13 02:21 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 - Images not stored"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I had a similar problem. After shooting ~840 photos in that particular session (a high school sporting event) on a SanDisk Extreme 32GB SD card, subsequent photos would show up on the back of the camera when I shot them, but would not be accessible from the review mode and were apparently not being saved to the card. I swapped the two cards and continued shooting without problems, but lost about 100 photos before I discovered this.

I'm formatting the cards to see if this fixes the problem. I haven't yet tried to duplicate it.

fredinlancaster Registered since 17th Sep 2013Fri 01-Nov-13 02:43 PM
#5. "RE: D7100 - Images not stored"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I had my camera in for service and Nikon addressed the other item - no mentioned of this issue at all. I will do the firmware update and if I can isolate the issue I will report it here. In my experience a simple ON-OFF corrected the issue - other than the lost shots! That is where is feels like a software/electronics issue over a card issue but I can't prove it yet!

Stay tuned!

Fred

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30063 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.