Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30046
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon wu1a wireless adapter and Flickr" Previous topic | Next topic
cporiger Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2003Sat 21-Sep-13 12:12 AM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon wu1a wireless adapter and Flickr"

Austin, US

Hi Everyone, I just bought the Nikon Wu 1a wireless accessory. It allows you to upload images to Twitter, Facebook, email or "other app". I cannot figure out how to upload to Flickr. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chuck

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Michael Green Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2008Sat 21-Sep-13 02:06 AM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon wu1a wireless adapter and Flickr"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 21-Sep-13 03:23 PM by Michael Green

Stamford, CT, US

I have the Wu1a as well. My understanding is that the device is both a simple tethering tool and also allows you access to your on camera photos via smart phone.

I use an iPhone. My suggestion is to use the Wu1a to transfer your selected pic onto your phone and proceed to Flickr from there.

The Wu1a is probably best suited for when you don't have access to a computer. Out in the field, if you will.

I really like the device. I use it mostly as a parlour trick for now but it seems to do everything it's supposed to.

I've got a post in the tethering discussion. It needs more input so please check it out.

MKG

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

cporiger Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Mar 2003Sat 21-Sep-13 02:12 PM
136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon wu1a wireless adapter and Flickr"
In response to Reply # 1

Austin, US

Thanks MKG. I was hoping I could just post right into Flickr, but apparently not. I wanted to use it for tethered shooting too so i will look for your other post.

Chuck

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #30046 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.