Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29957
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lens compatiblity" Previous topic | Next topic
skutch Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2007Mon 16-Sep-13 03:12 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lens compatiblity"

Ellensburg, US

I have a D200 and several nikkor lenses and am thinking of buying a d7100 are the lenses for my d200 compatible with the 7100? Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lens compatiblity
MEMcD Moderator
16th Sep 2013
blw Moderator
16th Sep 2013
Asgard Administrator
16th Sep 2013
skutch Silver Member
17th Sep 2013
km6xz Moderator
17th Sep 2013
goodguy
17th Sep 2013
Daveecopping Silver Member
18th Sep 2013
skutch Silver Member
19th Sep 2013
Daveecopping Silver Member
19th Sep 2013
                              Reply message RE: Was Lens compatiblity; now calibration tools
Ginsbury Gold Member
20th Sep 2013
skutch Silver Member
21st Sep 2013
Alchemistt99 Gold Member
21st Sep 2013

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 16-Sep-13 06:15 AM
25664 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Dale,

Yes!
The D7100 fully supports All Nikon F mount AF lenses including those made by third parties with the exception of the Nikkor 80mm f/2.8 and 200mm f/3.5 made for the F3AF. It also supports metering with AI and AIS type MF lenses.

Best Regards,
Marty

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 16-Sep-13 10:12 PM
26573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 1

Richmond, US

Of course, those two lenses didn't work on the OP's D200 either

If it worked on the D200, it works on a D7100.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 16-Sep-13 10:55 PM
50204 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 16-Sep-13 10:56 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

If the lens works on the D200, it works also on a D7100.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

skutch Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2007Tue 17-Sep-13 02:16 AM
81 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 3

Ellensburg, US

Thank you.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Tue 17-Sep-13 06:50 AM
3299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 4

St Petersburg, RU

Not only will it work on the D7100 if it worked on the D200, but it will work better on the D7100 than it ever did in the past.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

goodguy Registered since 01st Sep 2013Tue 17-Sep-13 11:25 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 5

CA

I guess you got your answer now go and get the D7100 you will be very happy with it

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Wed 18-Sep-13 09:14 AM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 6

Polegate, GB

This is a bit off topic, but here goes anyway. I was getting despondent about the results I was getting with my D7100 and was beginning to blame my DX glass. It was actually my ancient monitor that was to blame so I bought a new one. Result, euphoria!

Best wishes to all here,

Dave

skutch Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2007Thu 19-Sep-13 04:44 AM
#8. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 7

Ellensburg, US

Great point. In this digital era we can have the best photo equipment but end up trusting the results from a $2000+ camera and lens to a $500 computer screen. I can not remember the last time I calibrated my monitor.

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Thu 19-Sep-13 01:05 PM
168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Lens compatiblity"
In response to Reply # 8

Polegate, GB

>Great point. In this digital era we can have the best photo
>equipment but end up trusting the results from a $2000+ camera
>and lens to a $500 computer screen. I can not remember the
>last time I calibrated my monitor.

And that's another thing. I used the Windows tool to calibrate my new (HP Pavilion 23xi) monitor, but I am aware there are third party calibration devices. Who uses what and why?

Keep shooting,

Dave.

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Fri 20-Sep-13 06:56 AM
335 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Was Lens compatiblity; now calibration tools"
In response to Reply # 9

Netanya, IL

In answer to your question: I use a Spyder 4pro. Why? - because it was recommended on the Nikonians forum and by a friend who has it.

It seems to be doing a good job.

Nathan

skutch Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2007Sat 21-Sep-13 04:36 AM
#11. "RE: Was Lens compatiblity; now calibration tools"
In response to Reply # 10

Ellensburg, US

Thanks for the answer on lens compatibility, I am sticking funds away for the NIKON 7100 . It sound like it captures quality images, if they seem to appear less than great I will check my monitor. I hope this clears up how you get from camera, lens, image quality and to making sure that the image appears on my monitor accurately.

Alchemistt99 Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2013Sat 21-Sep-13 05:14 AM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Was Lens compatiblity; now calibration tools"
In response to Reply # 11

Rennes, FR

I love my 7100 but Sigma 18-250mm lens does not sit well with the camera.....there are forums out there talking about this and I have to send in my glass now to get it rechipped by sigma. I thought it was user error till I used my 18-55 and saw the huge IQ difference. I'm now switching back to Nikkor glass.......live and learn!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29957 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.