Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2992
View in linear mode

Subject: "User settings D7000 camera on/off" Previous topic | Next topic
JohnE Nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2010Wed 08-Dec-10 07:13 PM
916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"User settings D7000 camera on/off"

New HArtford, US

This may be something most users already know but I did not see it in the users manual.

I just noticed that when a change is made in U1 or U2 the change stays with camera on/off but will revert back to saved settings once the mode dial is turned.

For example if I change my aperture to f 5.6 and U1 setting had 1.8 as saved f-stop, when camera powered off and then on f5.6 is set but if I turn mode dial and get back to U1 it will be f1.8.

This could be helpful if tweaking U1 settings for a certain purpose during a shoot and you keep turning camera off but it could be a disadvantage if you tweak settings and forget you did this and come back later expecting U1 settings to be set as saved.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Thu 09-Dec-10 12:34 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: User settings D7000 camera on/off"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Keep in mind if you set ISO to a certain value in A,S (and maybe P) modes, then you switch to U1 or U2 (in which you've set a different ISO value), when you go back to A or S, the ISO you originally set there returns.

I mistakenly shot several images at 1000 ISO because I didn't know that the D7000 "remembers" what you last set in those modes...

At some point I may have to break down and read the manual.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

JohnE Nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2010Thu 09-Dec-10 02:56 AM
916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: User settings D7000 camera on/off"
In response to Reply # 1

New HArtford, US

>At some point I may have to break down and read the manual.
>
>

LOL. I am learning little nuances like this all the time. I am less passionate about reading this manual than I was for the D5000. The D5000 was my first DSLR and I tore through the manual and then bought Darrell's book. I find that I have a good idea now about most features without really having read the manual. I'm sure if you are coming from a more advanced camera or the D90 there will be more similarities.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2992 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.