Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29916
View in linear mode

Subject: "First shot with the D7000..." Previous topic | Next topic
s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Fri 13-Sep-13 12:52 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"First shot with the D7000..."

US

Actually it was shot #4, minor CS2 PP. P mode shot. Cropped at 55-60%. Taken with very harsh side lighting. Not bad. D7K, 70-300 VR, f5, ISO 800, 1/320s.

The autofocus points are confusing compared to my D200...going to look into Darrell's book to get my head wrapped around it. From what I read on the web, one must really understand how the autofocus works or you will not get sharp pictures.

At any rate, just sharing my inital shots of this refurbed from Adorama. Going to throw on the Sigma 10-20 later today or this weekend.

Excited to get into a newer generation here of IQ - but I do like my D200 body better...;>

Which reminds me, I use CS2 - but I wonder if it properly supports the D7K with the last update...maybe time for lightroom?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

excuse typos...via iPad....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: First shot with the D7000...
jbloom Gold Member
13th Sep 2013
s2sailorlis_nikon
13th Sep 2013
dm1dave Administrator
14th Sep 2013
RLDubbya Silver Member
14th Sep 2013
Castlk
15th Sep 2013

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Fri 13-Sep-13 01:59 PM
6053 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: First shot with the D7000..."
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

Oh, great. Now I'm hungry.

Congrats on the new camera. You'll have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure.

CS2 is way too old to have RAW support for the D7000. LR is a good option.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Fri 13-Sep-13 10:05 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: First shot with the D7000..."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Jon, I just purchased Lightroom 4.4.1 - $71 from....www.thesoftwaretechstore.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

excuse typos...via iPad....

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 14-Sep-13 12:34 AM
11279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: First shot with the D7000..."
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Congratulations on the new camera!

The new AF will take some getting used too but pretty easy to use after you get it all sorted out.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Sat 14-Sep-13 02:00 AM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: First shot with the D7000..."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Congrats! I think you'll enjoy the 7000, I sure do. I'm a huge fan of LightRoom as well.

You have a lot of fun times coming up, enjoy.

Castlk Registered since 06th Apr 2013Sun 15-Sep-13 04:53 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: First shot with the D7000..."
In response to Reply # 0

Farmingville, US

Congrats on your new D7000 it's a real nice camera, I like mine alot.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29916 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.