Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #299
View in linear mode

Subject: "Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...." Previous topic | Next topic
Paddi Registered since 05th Sep 2010Sat 18-Sep-10 08:36 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."

CA

Hello Everyone,

So I waited for the announcement of Nikon's new camera! The D7000 - of which the reviews seem to be positive.

And believe me, I have read them over and over.

So now it is the D7000 that seems to be "the one" and worth waiting for.

I am I thinking right on this?

Thanks for any feedback.

Paddi

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now....
MEMcD Moderator
19th Sep 2010
Bob Chadwick Silver Member
19th Sep 2010
Paddi
20th Sep 2010
thephilmaster
20th Sep 2010
km6xz Moderator
20th Sep 2010
thephilmaster
20th Sep 2010
KnightPhoto Gold Member
26th Sep 2010
enesunkie Silver Member
27th Sep 2010

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 19-Sep-10 03:30 AM
25585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Paddi,

The new D7000 appears to be the replacement for the D90 though it provides a significant upgrade in capability over the D90 and very close the the D300S while exceeding it in some respects (Video, High ISO capability, etc...).
If the D7000 fits your requirements, Go for it!
The replacement for the D300S is waiting in the wings but when it will be introduced is anybody's guess.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Bob Chadwick Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Sun 19-Sep-10 03:38 AM
2022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 1

Norcross, US

A lot of discussion going on in the new D7000 forum on this site. Check it out.

Visit
My Nikonians Gallery
NorcrossPics.Com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Paddi Registered since 05th Sep 2010Mon 20-Sep-10 01:34 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 1

CA

Thanks Marty for your reply.

You are quite right - I should choose a camera that meets my requirements.

Personally I find it hard to buy a camera that I have not seen. However given that it is a major purchase - I will just give it time.

Thanks again.

Paddi

thephilmaster Registered since 20th Sep 2010Mon 20-Sep-10 02:20 PM
#4. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 0

CA

I'm seriously considering the D7000. Originally was looking at the d90, but then heard rumours about a new camera that was roughly in the same class as d90, so I decided to wait to find out about it. Now that i've seen all of the information on this new camera, I think this will be my first DSLR!

the one thing I would REALLY like to see, is a review on dpreview.com - the preview was pretty good but I want them to do some of their controlled tests.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Mon 20-Sep-10 07:19 PM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 4

St Petersburg, RU

I would suggest waiting for a less biased reviewer to publish, both the D90 and D3s turned out much better than their report that in hindsight appears to be flat out wrong in some of its conclusions and measurements. As an Amazon owned site, ad buys seem to relate to recommendations more than other sites.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

thephilmaster Registered since 20th Sep 2010Mon 20-Sep-10 07:58 PM
#6. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 5

CA

Oh really? Thanks!! Where do you recommend getting reviews from? I just liked dpreview because of how it did soooo many tests! (originally I was comparing the D90 and the T2i from canon, and it showed me how the d90 was outshooting the T2i in many cases)

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sun 26-Sep-10 06:56 PM
4184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 6

Alberta, CA

>Oh really? Thanks!! Where do you recommend getting reviews
>from? I just liked dpreview because of how it did soooo many
>tests! (originally I was comparing the D90 and the T2i from
>canon, and it showed me how the d90 was outshooting the T2i in
>many cases)

Thom Hogan may not be the first up to review a camera or lens , but his knowledge of things Nikon is at the top of the heap:
www.bythom.com

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

enesunkie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2008Mon 27-Sep-10 09:06 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Oh Boy - Once thinking the D300s and now...."
In response to Reply # 6

Buffalo, US

One I would recommend is Camera Labs. They seem to be fair and unbiased to me anyway. They also have video reviews that can be found on You Tube.

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/digital_camera_and_lens_reviews.shtml

Kurt

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #299 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.