Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29876
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K" Previous topic | Next topic
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012Wed 11-Sep-13 03:56 AM
518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
Wed 11-Sep-13 04:03 AM by s2sailorlis_nikon

US

Adorama on ebay had a great deal today only on a refurbed d7000 - $575 - too good of a deal to walk away from...so it will be my new body joining my d200 and d50...can't wait to use...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

excuse typos...via iPad....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K
cockers Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
11th Sep 2013
goodguy
12th Sep 2013
dm1dave Administrator
12th Sep 2013
JJQ Silver Member
18th Sep 2013
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member
19th Sep 2013
tfeazel Silver Member
18th Sep 2013
DCCat Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member
24th Sep 2013
DCCat Silver Member
24th Sep 2013

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 11-Sep-13 12:51 PM
4035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0

Plover, US

That's a great deal on a super camera! Enjoy!

Al

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Wed 11-Sep-13 01:02 PM
2443 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

Have fun with this camera.

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

goodguy Registered since 01st Sep 2013Thu 12-Sep-13 02:24 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

Had the D7000 for 8 months, awesome camera, you are going to be very happy with it.

Congrats

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Thu 12-Sep-13 02:38 AM
11075 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Congratulations!

You got a good deal - enjoy your D7000!

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Underwater | Online Assignments| Best of 2014

JJQ Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2013Wed 18-Sep-13 01:12 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I bought one from the same place/deal.
I received the camera two days ago and have to say that it looks brand new, and works perfect.

s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012Thu 19-Sep-13 12:42 PM
518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 5

US

yes, generally speaking refurbs from the manufacturer tend to be lightly used units. enjoy your new nikon

tfeazel Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004Wed 18-Sep-13 10:07 PM
303 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 18-Sep-13 10:09 PM by tfeazel

Polk City, US

My GF commandeered mine (D7000) when I got my D600, and last week her D300 lost its card drive, so I won't see the D7000 anytime soon.
She's now making D800 noises.
It is probably going to cost me $3000 to get my $1000 D7000 back.

Tom

DCCat Silver Member Nikonian since 30th May 2011Mon 23-Sep-13 07:40 PM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

I bought a factory-refurb D7K from Adorama, and it is unfortunately defective. Alas, I didn't test it thoroughly enough to come to that conclusion until after the Adorama warranty had expired, so now I'm going through the fun of trying to convince Nikon that it's broken. I've sent it back three times and counting. Autofocus and exposure issues.

This is not to suggest you will have problems. Yours will probably be fine, and I've had good luck with refurb products of various kinds in the past. I would suggest, though, that you thoroughly test the camera before the Adorama warranty expires so if there is a problem, you can get it replaced with an order of magnitude less hassle than with Nikon.

s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012Tue 24-Sep-13 12:35 AM
#9. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Thanks for update. I have probably shot 100-150 pictures so far. Exposure is perfect and focus is excellent...fingers crossed. I intend to work it hard over the next 75-80 days...I also purchased a Mack Warranty for $40. Folks have had mixed reviews of mack, but my total outlay for camera $620 so hoping for the best...

How long ago did you buy it and do you know if it was an early serial number?

DCCat Silver Member Nikonian since 30th May 2011Tue 24-Sep-13 01:05 AM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Pulled the trigger on a refurbed d7K"
In response to Reply # 9

Arlington, US

I bought mine about four months ago, so I presume it's a recent copy.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29876 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.