Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29819
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7th and Sigma lens" Previous topic | Next topic
poc Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008Sat 07-Sep-13 07:08 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7th and Sigma lens"

Glenview, US

Not sure if this should be in the lens or camera section, but I believe it is more appropriate here since I think it's a camera issue.

I have successfully used a Sigma 105 2.8 DG macro on my current D600 and old D90 and before that on a D80.

When I mount it on the D7th the camera will not turn on at all. I've tried setting this as a non-CPU lens with the appropriate specifications. The aperture ring is locked at 32. Still, no response. I have a variety of lenses that work just fine. This is the only one that does not work.

Am I missing some setting on the D7th?

In advance, thank you for any insights.

POC

http://cabreraphoto.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Thu 12-Sep-13 12:10 AM
26574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: D7th and Sigma lens"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

If it worked on the other bodies, it should work on the D7k or D7100. My first guess is that there is something wrong with a contact on either lens or body, perhaps just dirt. But if not, call Sigma. They are friendly and are good at assuring that backward compatibility problems like this are addressed.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

ubishi Registered since 04th Feb 2014Tue 04-Feb-14 04:27 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7th and Sigma lens"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Hi I had the same issue as you but sent the lens off to sigma and they rechipped it to suit the 7000. it cost £40 but still a lot cheaper than a new lens

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29819 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.