Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29806
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting" Previous topic | Next topic
wart Registered since 07th Sep 2013Sat 07-Sep-13 01:03 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting"

CA

Hi, Testing new D7100 - problem

When I shoot in movie mode the iso is auto and is washing out my images compared to stills of same scene. When press the back ISo button , in movie mode it affect magnification and not the iso.

How do i set the ISO to, eg: 100 in movie mode. Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sat 07-Sep-13 02:30 PM
2941 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting"
In response to Reply # 0

Hatboro, Pa, US

Make sure that Auto ISO is turned OFF in the shooting menu.

Also take the mode dial and take it out of AUTO or the Scene modes. They will put the ISO in auto mode regardless of the shooting menu setting.

Put the mode dial in A mode and try that.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wart Registered since 07th Sep 2013Sun 08-Sep-13 11:38 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

I found some info in the manual.

Camera is set out of auto iso via menu and iso can be set by switching to M.

Shooting at M ( manual) lets me pre set iso and aperture for live view movie but it's a still a guess for exposure and iso .

When i switch to A (aperture) You can't move iso, in movie mode.

I may try pre set exposure at under a stop or 2 as highlights on live movie are still blown on auto ISO.

wart

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Sun 08-Sep-13 01:27 PM
2941 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting"
In response to Reply # 2

Hatboro, Pa, US

>
>
>When i switch to A (aperture) You can't move iso, in movie
>mode.

Why do you want to change ISO while in movie mode? Just turn off Auto ISO, set the ISO you want to use before you enter movie mode, and then start taking your movie. This solves your original problem of blown out movies.
>
>I may try pre set exposure at under a stop or 2 as highlights
>on live movie are still blown on auto ISO.
>

You are creating problems for yourself. Don't use Auto ISO. I guess I just don't understand why you want to change the ISO setting in the middle of a movie.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wart Registered since 07th Sep 2013Sun 08-Sep-13 04:05 PM
#4. "RE: D7100 how do i change the iso for movie shooting"
In response to Reply # 3

CA

I have auto iso turned off and don't want to change it while in movie mode. I just used it as a starting point and found the brights washed out.

I have figured out how to pre set iso for movie mode but i have to shoot & then view playback to see if my settings were correct. A problem when shooting insect round me ( backlit, side lit etc.) each different viewpoint requiring a test.

Thanks for your help.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29806 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.