Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29398
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !" Previous topic | Next topic
parniawski Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2006Sat 17-Aug-13 12:47 AM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
Sat 17-Aug-13 12:52 AM by parniawski

I was taking pictures at a good pace . I use the mode that saves raw on one card and jpg on the other .After taking a bunch of pictures in rapid succession , the camera acting like it was working correctly but when the pictures came up on the screen it was the same picture .from that picture on it didn't save any of the pictures . I took the battery out of the camera for 30 seconds and the camera seems to be working fine again . Has anyone seen this issue ? i just received the camera about 3 weeks ago .

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !
sduck409 Silver Member
17th Aug 2013
PerroneFord Silver Member
17th Aug 2013
parniawski Silver Member
17th Aug 2013
gfinlayson Silver Member
18th Aug 2013
parniawski Silver Member
19th Aug 2013
MarkM10431 Silver Member
19th Aug 2013
LeeSyl Silver Member
19th Aug 2013
parniawski Silver Member
21st Aug 2013

sduck409 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Feb 2013Sat 17-Aug-13 03:54 AM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 0

Nashville, US

I've had one or both of the sd cards come unseated or something on occasion - well actually, it just happened once, but it was weird and alarming. But the camera wouldn't take pictures when that happened - shutter wouldn't fire, error message on the lcd. Don't know what caused your snafu - hopefully it won't happen again.

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Sat 17-Aug-13 08:52 AM
2510 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

What kind of card is it?

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

parniawski Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2006Sat 17-Aug-13 12:01 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 2

The card that I was using was a Lexar Professional 16 GB. 133x speed . I have been using the camera for the last day without issue . I am wondering if it was a buffering issue , but it is concerning .

gfinlayson Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Jan 2011Sun 18-Aug-13 06:22 AM
243 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 18-Aug-13 06:23 AM by gfinlayson

Maidenhead, GB

If you had taken a lot of photos in quick succession, I expect the camera was probably flushing the full buffer to the memory card. If the buffer is flushing, the memory card access lamp will be lit (see 18 on P5 of the D7100 manual) and the camera will seem unresponsive. The camera also won't turn off until the buffer is empty. Removing the battery at this point will cause data loss and may corrupt the SD card. See P58 of the manual for more details and P348 for information on buffer capacity.

Graeme

parniawski Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2006Mon 19-Aug-13 01:25 AM
#5. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 4

While I was taking the pictures off of my camera I noticed that from the point where the camera had an issue and I took the battery out . After that point it was only saving JPG. So I am not sure what went on .any input is appreciated !

MarkM10431 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013Mon 19-Aug-13 02:39 AM
397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 5

jacksonville, US

did it save one photo or several of the same image?

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011Mon 19-Aug-13 01:00 PM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 5

Belleville, US

Hi, Why not pull whatever images you have on both cards off to computer. Reformat the cards in camera and retry. May help.

parniawski Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2006Wed 21-Aug-13 12:27 AM
#8. "RE: Nikon D7100 stopped saving pictures !"
In response to Reply # 7

It just saved one of the last photos.

I will reformat the cards and try it again .

Mike

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29398 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.