Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29313
View in linear mode

Subject: "Viewfinder mode display" Previous topic | Next topic
RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009Sun 11-Aug-13 11:11 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Viewfinder mode display"

Gardnerville, US

My D7000 body does not display the shooting mode in the viewfinder like my D700 and D800 do. My wife loves the D7000 for it's small size and the extra reach she gets with long lenses. If I get a D7100 as a second body, has Nikon fixed that mode display issue? I realize I can see the mode on the info screen....that's just a bit inconvenient.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Viewfinder mode display
dm1dave Administrator
11th Aug 2013
RWSTARRETT Gold Member
12th Aug 2013
Bravozulu Silver Member
12th Aug 2013
briantilley Moderator
12th Aug 2013
chris3942
14th May 2014
MEMcD Moderator
14th May 2014
chris3942
15th May 2014

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 11:42 PM
11279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

No, the shooting mode is not displayed in the D7100 viewfinder.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009Mon 12-Aug-13 01:59 AM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 1

Gardnerville, US

Thanks much. You saved me a trip to a store 50 miles each way to check personally. Now I could ask, "What was Nikon thinking with their closest to pro level cropped sensor camera?", but that would be tilting at windmills.

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Mon 12-Aug-13 04:15 AM
753 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 2

Los Angeles, US

It does appear in the top Control Panel, which isn't too much a stretch to see from a shooting position.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Mon 12-Aug-13 07:28 AM
28674 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

While it's true that the shooting mode is still not displayed in the D7100's viewfinder, what Nikon have done is to add a lock button to the Mode Dial. You may not be able to see what mode you're in without taking the camera away from the eye, but at least now it won't have changed accidentally

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

chris3942 Registered since 14th May 2014Wed 14-May-14 10:43 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 4

GB

I have just swapped from a D90 to a D7100 , very pleased so far.
One thing I am puzzled about is the top info panel does not show focus points. I assumed the area was too small but checking through
D Busch's field guide it does appear on one or two illustrations.
It does show on the back info panel screen. Hopefully posted this in the right place if not my apologies.

Regards Chis H

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 14-May-14 09:47 PM
25564 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Nikonians!
With 51 points it would require a larger top LCD for them to be large enough to see.
The AF Area mode is indicated in the top LCD display.
The Active AF point is shown on the info screen on the back LCD.

Best Regards,
Marty

chris3942 Registered since 14th May 2014Thu 15-May-14 04:37 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Viewfinder mode display"
In response to Reply # 6

GB

Thank you for the prompt reply, I did think that was the reason.

Regards Chris

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29313 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.