Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29312
View in linear mode

Subject: "LCD protectors" Previous topic | Next topic
RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009Sun 11-Aug-13 11:06 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LCD protectors"

Gardnerville, US

I recently returned from an overseas trip where we were riding in boats and jiggly buses extensively. My wife loves her D7000 and I had applied glass protectors to all the LCD's on our various cameras. The D7000 shifted during a bus trip and came into contact with a tripod, with resulting fracture of the applied glass protector. Luckily, there was no damage to the underlying camera LCD. I think I'll use these again. Very cheap insurance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

One Barney Registered since 02nd Aug 2013Mon 12-Aug-13 03:23 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LCD protectors"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

OOh Nice,

I just bought a couple of those protectors, very pleased to see they work.

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 12-Aug-13 03:49 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LCD protectors"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I used the GGS glass stick-ons for the rear and top LCD's on my D7000 and they were so well made they looked like OEM product. MILES ahead of the plastic snap-on, AND the top LCD was protected too! Glad yours came through OK.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

chuhsi Registered since 12th Mar 2013Mon 12-Aug-13 09:31 PM
122 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LCD protectors"
In response to Reply # 2

US

good to know! i just installed these on my d7000 over the weekend because i scratched the plastic rear cover.

dwaycie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2008Tue 13-Aug-13 10:23 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: LCD protectors"
In response to Reply # 0

Buffalo Grove, US

I'm really not careless, just kind of unlucky. I've been saved by three broken GGS LCD protectors over the last few years. At about 8 bucks apiece, a real bargain. I but two or three at a time, just in the hopes that having them on the shelf will counteract Murphy's Rule.

Dave

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29312 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.