Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29290
View in linear mode

Subject: "finally, a d7100" Previous topic | Next topic
pinilsfarina Registered since 23rd Apr 2013Sat 10-Aug-13 02:45 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"finally, a d7100"

FI

After almost a year of searching for what camera and lens to buy, I finally made a decision. A brand new d7100 to replace my borrowed 5000. Was it a difficult process? Yes, I also looked for the a-77 and the k-5 II. The Pentax is hard to get or awfully expensive over here and the a-77 offered features I do not care so much about.

Stan advised another new user to start with the 18-105 kit lens until you have made up your mind what to use next. This recommendation was very useful to me...(Spasibo Sta )

I probably buy the 70-300 mm next. A new flash has a higher priority. Probably the sb-700, otherwise the Metz 52/44.

The excitement of unpacking, testing and using the new d7100 so far is a stunning experience. What a jo

Explorer in the further region of experience. JPEG to some. RAW to others.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: finally, a d7100
jot2nik Gold Member
10th Aug 2013
RockyIII Gold Member
11th Aug 2013
NickMilner Gold Member
11th Aug 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
11th Aug 2013
cockers Silver Member
12th Aug 2013

jot2nik Gold Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2007Sat 10-Aug-13 03:15 PM
776 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: finally, a d7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Troy, US

Nils, congratulations on your new camera. Lots of fun and learning ahead.

The Nikonians web site is a great place to learn and share. Good luck and happy shooting.

John

Visit my Nikonian Gallery

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Sun 11-Aug-13 03:14 AM
3019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: finally, a d7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Congrats on the new D7100! If you are interested in a small prime lens, I recommend the 35mm f/1.8G.

Rocky

NickMilner Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2013Sun 11-Aug-13 03:37 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: finally, a d7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Manchester, GB

A fine choice. I can also recommend the SB-700 (and I'm awaiting delivery of two Metz 44's!)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sun 11-Aug-13 07:14 PM
3323 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: finally, a d7100"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun 11-Aug-13 07:15 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

Congratulations. When I swapped my D7000 for the D7100 the experience was I felt one of a great advance by the elimination of the AA filter and many other ways as well. The 70-300mm will make a fine pairing with the D7100 too.

Enjoy making great images

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Mon 12-Aug-13 12:08 AM
4223 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: finally, a d7100"
In response to Reply # 4

Plover, US

Congratulations Nils - you'll love the D7100.

Al

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29290 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.