Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29157
View in linear mode

Subject: " L Bracket etc" Previous topic | Next topic
Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Sat 27-Jul-13 10:48 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
" L Bracket etc"

Marengo, US

I just sold my D7000 and I'm trying to decide if I should buy a D7100 or wait till I have the bucks for a D800 or the much rumored D400. My question is will my Kirk BL-D7000 L bracket and the flat bracket fit the D7100. As always any help will be appreciate. Thanx jim P.S. My only Digital body is now my beloved (is that too strong a word) D700.

Coldfront

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: L Bracket etc
PCassidy Gold Member
28th Jul 2013
Coldfront Silver Member
28th Jul 2013
DaveSoderlund Silver Member
30th Jul 2013
Coldfront Silver Member
30th Jul 2013
Coldfront Silver Member
30th Jul 2013
DaveSoderlund Silver Member
30th Jul 2013

PCassidy Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2011Sun 28-Jul-13 12:00 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 0

Gainesville, US

From an earlier post it was reported that the L7000 bracket fits the 7100 just fine

Paul

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Einstein
------------------------------------------------------>
Nikon F, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F100
Nikon D300 D7100

Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Sun 28-Jul-13 06:10 PM
265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 1

Marengo, US

Thanx much Paul. jim

Coldfront

DaveSoderlund Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2010Tue 30-Jul-13 01:08 PM
367 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 0

Geneva, US

When I bought my D7100 I asked the same question of the folks at Kirk Enterprises, because the new D7100 L-brackets were back-ordered but D7000 brackets were plentiful. They told me that they were NOT interchangeable. However, they sent me a silver (non-anodized) version that I was able to use on my first travel outing with the D7100 and I was subsequently able to exchange it for the finished (black anodized) version.

I encourage you to check directly with Kirk to make sure that your BLD-7000 bracket will fit the D7100 body. Their customer service folks are extremely helpful.

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Tue 30-Jul-13 03:57 PM
#4. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 3

Marengo, US

Thanx Dave! jim

Coldfront

Coldfront Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2004Tue 30-Jul-13 04:02 PM
#5. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 3

Marengo, US

Dave your post prompts the Question How do you like the 7100 coming from a D7000? I'm trying to decide between a 7100 an a D800. I really don't want to spend the $$ for the 800 now and the 7100 might be a good second body to my D700 for the interim. thanx jim

Coldfront

DaveSoderlund Silver Member Nikonian since 29th May 2010Tue 30-Jul-13 07:51 PM
367 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: L Bracket etc"
In response to Reply # 5

Geneva, US

Jim,

I moved from the D90 to the D7100, and I really like it. (The L-bracket question was due an immediate need for something to fit on the D7100, and I was hoping the readily-available D7000 brackets would work.)

I have not considered the D800 seriously because I am firmly planted in DX-world. I find the D7100 to be a good compromise between camera performance, and cost size. I know that the D800 body is not all that much bigger than the D7100, but it is nearly twice the cost (D800e) and brings a whole host of expensive, heavy FX lenses into the game.

I expect the D7100 will be plenty of camera for me for a while...

Dave

http://davidmsoderlund.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsoderlund/

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29157 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.