Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29155
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 Glitch?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
Sixmileman Registered since 06th Mar 2013Sat 27-Jul-13 06:46 PM
131 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 Glitch?"

US

I have set my Preview button to work in tandem with the Main Dial to switch from DX to 1.3X Crop mode. If I set the camera to 1.3x crop and then use the multi-selector to choose a focus point the camera switches back to DX. The same thing happens once I half depress the shutter release button, press the OK button, press the AF-L/AE-L button (which is set for AF), or press the Focus Mode button. Simply put, the camera will not stay in crop mode if I use the Preview / Main Dial to set it.

However, if I put the camera into 1.3X crop via the I-button, this does not happen...it stays in crop regardless of other buttons being used.

Does anyone else have this problem? (I don't believe that this occurred prior to the 1.009 firmware update - a glitch perhaps?)

Thanks for your help.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sat 27-Jul-13 07:24 PM
28684 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 Glitch?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Replies may be added to Lawrence's earlier post, here.

Thank you!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29155 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.