Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29133
View in linear mode

Subject: "Blurry Eyepiece Extender" Previous topic | Next topic
Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Thu 25-Jul-13 11:57 PM
356 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Blurry Eyepiece Extender"
Fri 26-Jul-13 01:07 PM by Bela614

Bellingham, US

Hello,
I purchased an eyepiece extender for my d7100. When I installed it the information (exposure and whatnot) at the bottom of the viewfinder became very blurry. I tried adjusting the diopter control to no avail. B&H sent me out another one and this one did the same thing. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am farsighted.
Thanks in advance,
Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Brubish Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2013Sat 27-Jul-13 02:29 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Blurry Eyepiece Extender"
In response to Reply # 0

Gloucester, GB

Hi Bill,
I've just bought one to help with low level shooting and to further compensate for my eyesight. I have to wear my glasses to use my D7100 (and all other DSLRs I've had) because my prescription is +3.5 diopters, just outside the 3 diopter usual limit.
The real beauty of the DR-6 for me is that it's diopter range will take adjustment from -8.0 to +3.8 diopter at 1:1 magnification and -5.0 to +6.0 at 1:2 mag setting.
As you have adjusted the diopter ring, labeled 2 in the leaflet supplied, then all I can think of is that you are still wearing your specs or that you also need to adjust the camera viewfinder.
Adjustment is also needed each time you switch from 1:1 to 1:2 mag and vici versa.
I hope you manage to get it set up OK as I find it a great device, although the price brought tears to my eyes!

Brian

Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Sat 27-Jul-13 03:55 PM
356 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Blurry Eyepiece Extender"
In response to Reply # 1

Bellingham, US

Hello Brian,
I called B&H and they are going to send me out a Nikon Magnifier eyepiece. I am not quite sure what this is but they are sending it out to me at no charge hoping this will solve my problem. They are very good people at B&H.

What I really would like is the rubber eyepiece attachment that blocks out the sun. B&H has it listed for the D7000 but not the D7100. Does anyone know if it will fit the D7100?
Thanks,
Bill

(1817-62)

Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Tue 30-Jul-13 05:50 PM
#3. "RE: Blurry Eyepiece Extender"
In response to Reply # 2

Bellingham, US

Hello all,
I called B&H and they said the eyecup for the D7000 will not fit the D7100.
Bill

(1817-62)

ov1av8r Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2014Fri 11-Apr-14 08:32 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Blurry Eyepiece Extender"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>I called B&H and they said the eyecup for the D7000 will
>not fit the D7100. Bill

I wish I had seen this before I bought a new H-EYEN22S HoodEYE eyecup for my D7100. It will not mount. The one I had before, fit both my D200 and D7000, but I sold it with the two cameras.

Perhaps someone searching for HoodEYE will see this post.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29133 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.