Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29076
View in linear mode

Subject: "Card reader" Previous topic | Next topic
dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Mon 22-Jul-13 10:47 PM
1493 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Card reader"

Roland, US

I bought some 64 gig Sdxc 95 ms cards for a trip. The D7100 and D800 both handle them fine but my card reader chokes. Which card reader do I need?

David

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Mycenius Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Feb 2006Tue 23-Jul-13 07:10 AM
335 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Card reader"
In response to Reply # 0

Auckland, NZ

One that supports SDXC. You probably have an older one that doesn't support SDXC (it uses a modified file O/S from SD card).

John
Kiwi Nikonian
D7100 | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G | Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G | Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D | Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G Micro

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 23-Jul-13 08:17 AM
25570 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Card reader"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi David,

I use a Lexar Professional USB 3.0 Dual Slot Memory Card Reader, 5GHz 500MB/s, Supports: UDMA 7 CompactFlash, CF 5.0, SDXC, and SD UHS-1 (SD 2.0 and SD 3.0) that fully supports the fastest SD and CF cards.

Best Regards,
Marty

dankeny Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2006Wed 24-Jul-13 01:06 AM
1493 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Card reader"
In response to Reply # 2

Roland, US

Thanks fort the link, Marty. I used it and ordered one.

David

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 24-Jul-13 03:11 AM
25570 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Card reader"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Your welcome, David.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29076 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.