Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28978
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009" Previous topic | Next topic
rayeddd Registered since 28th May 2013Thu 18-Jul-13 06:27 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"

US

Hi has anyone seen this : Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009 .
Ray

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009
JT2012
18th Jul 2013
Sixmileman
18th Jul 2013
rayeddd
18th Jul 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
19th Jul 2013
briantilley Moderator
19th Jul 2013
richardd300 Silver Member
19th Jul 2013

JT2012 Registered since 06th Feb 2013Thu 18-Jul-13 07:53 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 0

Livingston, US

Hello, I just updated my D7000 without any problems, it was a very fast update.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Sixmileman Registered since 06th Mar 2013Thu 18-Jul-13 08:23 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Worked fine for both my D90 and D7100 after I finally found out that the download created a folder on my desktop and that's where the update folder was. One set of official Nikon Co. instructions said that you open the download and save the update to a folder you create. Apparently no so.

rayeddd Registered since 28th May 2013Thu 18-Jul-13 08:32 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Ok thanks guys.
Ray.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Fri 19-Jul-13 10:45 AM
3325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 19-Jul-13 10:46 AM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

I notice this firmware update on the UK/EU Nikon website is dated 04/11/2010! Usually, when there is a Nikon update I receive an e-mail from Nikon UK, I haven't this time. So, how important is this apparently 33 month old update and as I'm not a jpeg shooter does it affect my D7100 and D800 please?

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 19-Jul-13 11:47 AM
28742 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 4

Paignton, GB

It's confusing, but that date must reflect when the FIRST distortion control firmware update was published. Version 1.009 is definitely new, and has only just been released. It will only make a difference if you own one of the newer lenses that it supports, such as the 800mm f/5.6.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Fri 19-Jul-13 11:54 AM
3325 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon Distortion Control Lens Data Firmware 1.009"
In response to Reply # 5

Dyserth, GB

Thanks Brian. I was confused by the date and thought it was something like that. As all the lenses I own were manufactured before the original issue date, I shall ignore it

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28978 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.