Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28882
View in linear mode

Subject: "advantages of D700 over D7100" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
vitalishe Registered since 27th Dec 2012Sat 13-Jul-13 05:58 PM
178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"advantages of D700 over D7100"

Los Alamos, US

With new generation of DSLRs now available (D800,D600,D7100) the price of the older generation full frame D700 is now close to the price of a new D7100. Both are wonderful cameras and have their own advantages. I would like to hear from people that have experience with these cameras what they think about these advantages. This maybe of help to people deciding what to get now.

Also, myself, I just got a very good deal on a used D700 and I already have D7100. I am playing with both to see if I want to keep D700 as a second camera for low-light and other situations. This discussion may help me decide when I should use one camera over the other or if D700 should be sold.

In the little experience I had so far with playing with D700 I could say that it feels great in the hand. With low-light photos I have mixed feelings. There are times when I think that D700 is simply amazing. There other times when I feel that D7100 is just as good.

For detailed photography in good light (macro, superzoom, etc.) clearly D7100 has an advantage hands down. I am thinking about portraits and pictures of people gatherings where the light may not necessarily be good possibly be the area where D700 may have an advantage.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Vitaliy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 14-Jul-13 05:58 PM
28317 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: advantages of D700 over D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

As Vitaliy has now posted in our D700 Forum, we'll have the conversation over there.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28882 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.