Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28789
View in linear mode

Subject: "aperture priority" Previous topic | Next topic
spyder08 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012Mon 08-Jul-13 09:48 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"aperture priority"

Kenosha, US

I would like to know if when shooting in aperture priority mode you cha change what settings the main command dial changes?
Is seems to change the ev setting and I tend to bump it out of the normal position.
Thanks
Brian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ShrimpBoy Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Mon 08-Jul-13 11:18 PM
882 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: aperture priority"
In response to Reply # 0

Brighton and Hove, GB

By default the front dial changes aperture and the rear dial changes shutter speed. In aperture priority mode the camera is in control of shutter speed so the rear dial does nothing. Similarly in shutter priority the front dial does nothing. Unless, according to some Googling, you go into the custom settings menu and turn on Easy ISO, which makes the "spare" dial change ISO. Disclaimer: I don't have my camera handy to try it. Sounds like a good feature though.

Gary
"Yea, Sussex by the sea!" - Rudyard Kipling

spyder08 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2012Tue 09-Jul-13 01:01 AM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: aperture priority"
In response to Reply # 1

Kenosha, US

I found it easy exposure comp was on.
Thanks for the info it lead me to the correct setting.
Its interesting how one setting changes everything.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Chris Platt Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2012Tue 09-Jul-13 11:23 AM
474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: aperture priority"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 09-Jul-13 11:26 AM by Chris Platt

Newburg, US

Oops! I missed your post above. Sorry for repeating your answer.

You probably have easy exposure compensation set (custom setting b3). If you do, it is easy to accidentally adjust ev by bumping the command dial. That is why I keep that feature turned off.

Visit my gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28789 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.