Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28742
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?" Previous topic | Next topic
pgalligan Registered since 11th Dec 2012Sun 07-Jul-13 03:19 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
Sun 07-Jul-13 03:19 AM by pgalligan

AU

I set up my D7000 to do some interval shooting on Friday night. Ended up taking 2690 shots. I had already done a few hundred shots since the last charge. It was taking one pic every 2 seconds. Set to manual focus and manual exposure mode would have helped I guess but that's still a lot of shots from one battery. I don't have it set to display photos on the LCD after I shoot either.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?
Bravozulu Silver Member
07th Jul 2013
Vlad_IT Silver Member
13th Jul 2013
mkmacman
13th Jul 2013
km6xz Moderator
13th Jul 2013
clayolmstead Silver Member
01st Aug 2013
pgalligan
01st Aug 2013

Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sun 07-Jul-13 04:34 AM
761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

Los Angeles, US

By not having Autofocus active, you saved a lot of juice in the battery. Most references claim you can expect about 1,000 images per charge under normal circumstances.

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Sat 13-Jul-13 04:18 AM
1081 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

routinely around 1000 images with Checking Histograms almost after each image/series.

Best regards,
Vlad

mkmacman Registered since 26th May 2013Sat 13-Jul-13 04:50 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

1,100-1,200 with image review

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 13-Jul-13 09:32 AM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

The D7000 is very frugal with power and when I used to shoot a lot with it the two batteries(1 in camera and 1 in the grip would allow me to shoot several events between charges, about 3000 shots. It is thriftier with power than either my D90 or D800
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

clayolmstead Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Thu 01-Aug-13 03:32 AM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 01-Aug-13 03:33 AM by clayolmstead

Austin, US

I had to show this picture, or I wouldn't believe it myself. This is after shooting a car race all day with a D7000, Release Mode set to Continuous High Speed, VR on, but very little chimping. The battery was almost new. I don't usually get this many shots from one battery, but apparently it is possible.

Clay
Austin, TX USA

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

pgalligan Registered since 11th Dec 2012Thu 01-Aug-13 03:34 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D7000 - How many shots do you get from a battery?"
In response to Reply # 5

AU

Nice!

I always liked the fact that my D70s used very little battery. Just as happy with my D7000 in that respect!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28742 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.