Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28533
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need help please D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
damo1975 Registered since 30th Jun 2013Sun 30-Jun-13 02:36 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Need help please D7100"

AU

Can somebody please help me with the self timer.i shoot hdr and use the continous CH high burst n the front dial but need to set the self timer as well but cant because they are on the same dail. there must be a way to do both please can someone show me how to

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sun 30-Jun-13 03:32 PM
6135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Need help please D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

>Can somebody please help me with the self timer.i shoot hdr
>and use the continous CH high burst n the front dial but need
>to set the self timer as well but cant because they are on the
>same dail. there must be a way to do both please can someone
>show me how to

You can't use Ch and self timer at the same time, but what you can do is set the self timer menu option (c3) to take a specified number of shots with a short delay between them. Will that suffice for your needs?

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

damo1975 Registered since 30th Jun 2013Sun 30-Jun-13 03:37 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Need help please D7100"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 30-Jun-13 03:39 PM by damo1975

AU

Not sure if thats going to help because I'm taking 3 bracketed frames of HDR which require the burst mode to be on but instead of usuing a cable release I just want to be able to hit the shutter and use the 2 second timer each time? Does that make sense?

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sun 30-Jun-13 04:02 PM
6135 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Need help please D7100"
In response to Reply # 2

Wethersfield, US

Yes, it does. If you set the self-timer to take 3 shots and have bracketing set to 3, you will get your three bracketed shots.

Bracketing does not require Ch mode, although that's a convenient way to do bracketing when using the shutter release.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Bushido7100 Registered since 03rd Jun 2013Sun 30-Jun-13 08:48 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Need help please D7100"
In response to Reply # 3

US

That is how I currently do HDR as well. I have not purchased the MC-DC2 as yet. If you set the camera for a 3 or 5 shot bracket, the camera will take the appropriate amount of photos.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28533 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.