Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28452
View in linear mode

Subject: "Setting single focus point D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
Pirate123 Registered since 19th Feb 2013Tue 25-Jun-13 02:49 AM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Setting single focus point D7100"

Winter Garden, US

OK I am confused on how to set a single focus point so I can move it around to focus on the eyes for a portrait. I have AF-A selected. Now when I go into LV I see a large square I can move around but it is too large. I am looking for the small square. I know it must be simple but the manual is just not clear enough for me. Thanks for your help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 25-Jun-13 12:07 PM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Setting single focus point D7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 25-Jun-13 12:12 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

You would be best selecting AF-S (single point focus) by pressing the AF-mode button and rotating the command dial (see page 13 of the manual) until AF-S shows in the top display. Then by using the multi selector button (see page 5) you can move your focus point around all 51 focus points. Ensure the multi selector lock is off to move the focus point and then re-lock it to avoid accidental moving the selected focus point. Personally, after finishing I would always return the focus point back to the centre. My method would be to direct my camera focus point at the target, half depress the shutter button to lock the focus and re-frame then shoot

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28452 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.