Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28412
View in linear mode

Subject: "More guidance re U1settings" Previous topic | Next topic
Seragone Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2012Sun 23-Jun-13 09:48 PM
83 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"More guidance re U1settings"

Reston, US

I was happy to read Alfred's comments earlier this month and then Darrell Young's tutorial re U settings but was frustrated that the comments and answers seemed to get out of order. So please let me ask a question again about how to proceed. What I finally decided to do is save to U1 my best picture settings, like Darrell. In my case it will be for relatively action-free pics like landscapes at the long end and candid photos of people or things at th e short end. To me this means using RAW, aperture priority to control depth of focus and 100 ISO. I think I want to slightly underexpose the image to keep the highlights in check. But what else is needed? It seems like there are endless choices but are they critical to the successful outcome of the photo? Will other settings be crucial to get the best pixs? Also, am I correct that I will be able to adjust aperture when using the U setting?Are there published books for the D7100 in this regard? Thanks, Stephen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28412 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.