Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28326
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bracketing Jumps on D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
rhowen Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2008Wed 19-Jun-13 08:32 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bracketing Jumps on D7100"

San Antonio, US

I'm wondering if this is just my copy of the D7100 or if it happens to others. When I shoot a bracketed series for HDR each image in the series is slightly different. The first image is composed lower than the second and the second slightly lower than the third. It doesn't make a great deal of difference in the final hdr image since they are aligned in the software but from time to time I end up with an element I want in the image to be cropped out or to close to the edge. I don't see this behavior with my D800 or my older D7000.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Wed 19-Jun-13 09:35 PM
5867 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bracketing Jumps on D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Sounds like your tripod head is creeping down.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

MarkM10431 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013Thu 20-Jun-13 09:47 PM
397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bracketing Jumps on D7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 20-Jun-13 09:47 PM by MarkM10431

jacksonville, US

i noticed that as well yesterday when i was shooting at fort Mantanzas, the flag was all fouled up. honestly, on camera HDR is not that good. I get far better results with a 5 frame bracket and photomatix

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28326 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.