Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28250
View in linear mode

Subject: "LAP TOP HOOK UP" Previous topic | Next topic
5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Sun 16-Jun-13 03:48 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LAP TOP HOOK UP"

DUNCANNON, US

I am president of a local camera club and periodically project projects onto a screen through a laptop & digital projector.

How can I connect my D7100 to this combination and show images matching what is displayed on my D7100 LCD screen?

Thank you, DICK

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP
mudman2 Silver Member
16th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
16th Jun 2013
PeterBeckett Gold Member
17th Jun 2013
jec6613 Silver Member
17th Jun 2013
PeterBeckett Gold Member
17th Jun 2013
5683RAM Silver Member
18th Jun 2013
PeterBeckett Gold Member
18th Jun 2013
5683RAM Silver Member
18th Jun 2013

mudman2 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2009Sun 16-Jun-13 05:18 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 0

Jamison, US

You can hook the camera up to the laptop and project straight up

Use Nikon Capture Pro and a USB cable

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Sun 16-Jun-13 07:01 PM
8524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

The Eye-Fi card works well. Just record small basic JPEG images on your Eye-Fi card and it will wirelessly transmit the image via wi-fi to your laptop.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

PeterBeckett Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010Mon 17-Jun-13 06:38 PM
775 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Hi Dick,
It sounds to me that you want to show your audience exactly what's on the rear LCD of your camera - perhaps as part of a tutorial of some sort. If that is so, why not simply connect the HDMI output of the camera to an HDMI input on the projector (assuming that it has one, of course)?

If you want to show the laptop screen, just switch to an alternate input on the projector.

Pete

jec6613 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2013Mon 17-Jun-13 10:48 PM
645 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 3

Norwalk, US

>Hi Dick,
>It sounds to me that you want to show your audience exactly
>what's on the rear LCD of your camera - perhaps as part of a
>tutorial of some sort. If that is so, why not simply connect
>the HDMI output of the camera to an HDMI input on the
>projector (assuming that it has one, of course)?
>
>If you want to show the laptop screen, just switch to an
>alternate input on the projector.
>
>Pete

This is correct.

PeterBeckett Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010Mon 17-Jun-13 11:00 PM
775 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

John-Erik,
Obviously, I understand your words, but don't understand what you're SAYING.

Are you telling me that my interpretation of the OP's question is accurate? If not, then will you please elucidate for us? Thanks.

Pete

5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 18-Jun-13 11:24 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 3

DUNCANNON, US

Pete,
You are correct in what I want to do. Thank you for your reply. I do not want to spend a lot of the club's money and this sounds "economical". I am not electronic or computer "intelligent" - what are the chances of the projector back feeding into my new D7100 and hurting it?
Thanks again, Dick

PeterBeckett Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2010Tue 18-Jun-13 12:30 PM
#7. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 6

San Jose, US

Hello again,
Unless the projector or camera body is suffering from an EXCEPTIONALLY "WEIRD" fault - ZERO!

HDMI electrical specifications are very well defined. You have no reason to fear any bad effects.

Pete

5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Tue 18-Jun-13 03:29 PM
#8. "RE: LAP TOP HOOK UP"
In response to Reply # 7

DUNCANNON, US

Thanks again Pete !
I will try it in a few days when I have our projector available.
Dick

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28250 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.