Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2817
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Image Resolution?" Previous topic | Next topic
Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sun 05-Dec-10 12:46 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Image Resolution?"
Sun 05-Dec-10 12:59 PM by Garys

Mesa, US

I wanted to compare a 5x7 print from my HP printer with the same size print from Sam’s. I downloaded the photo (see the attachment) to Sam’s. On Sam’s order form it states that, “this resolution is not recommended for this size print”. Does anyone know what this means.

TIA

GaryS

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 05-Dec-10 01:00 PM
28674 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Image Resolution?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 05-Dec-10 01:02 PM by briantilley

Paignton, GB

Your attached image is 1000 x 662 pixels, so two things come to mind...

Firstly, you have the wrong aspect ratio to print the whole image on a 7 x 5 paper. 1000 x 662 would translate to 7 x 4.63 inches.

Secondly, although I'm not familiar with Sam's, most print shops like to have around 300 ppi (pixels per inch) to work with. To be printed at 7 x 5 the image would need to measure 2100 x 1500 pixels.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sun 05-Dec-10 01:51 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Image Resolution?"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun 05-Dec-10 01:57 PM by Garys

Mesa, US

Brian:

Thanks for the response. I will adjust the pixels as you have suggested and try to upload again.

GaryS

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2817 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.