Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28153
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 Formating Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
dalegperry Registered since 12th Jun 2013Wed 12-Jun-13 04:31 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Formating Issues"

US

Upon formatting when using menu method my pictures are still on card, so I am assuming formatting is not taking place. Pushing the two buttons seems to work, Anyone else with this issue

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Omaha Registered since 07th Jan 2012Wed 12-Jun-13 05:12 PM
460 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Formating Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Omaha, US

Push simultaneously until the top display say "FOR". Release, then push simultaneously again. The area of the display that normally shows remaining room on the card will briefly say "FOR", and you should be good to go.

Depending on how you have things configured, you may be seeing the images that remain on the second card. I use card 1 for RAW and card 2 for JPG. When I do a format, only card 1 is formatted. Card 2 stays intact, and if you scroll through the images on the display, they will still show up.

Visit my Nikonians gallery
Most of my Nikon photos end up here.

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Fri 14-Jun-13 12:54 PM
682 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Formating Issues"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Just to be sure you are completing the menu method here's the process I use successfully.

Format Memory Card -> Slot 1 -> All images on memory card will be deleted, OK? -> select Yes and push the OK button.

Is that the process you follow? That works 100% of the time for me.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Fri 14-Jun-13 05:13 PM
3211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 Formating Issues"
In response to Reply # 2

Camberley, GB

I only ever use the Menu method and don't bother with the "quick button method". I don't see the need... the menu method is so simple and takes no time.
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28153 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.