Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2814
View in linear mode

Subject: "User Settings: U1 and U2" Previous topic | Next topic
Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sun 05-Dec-10 11:45 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"User Settings: U1 and U2"

Joanna, US

I believe I understand the concept but have two questions. 1) Once you save the settings, is the "Save user settings" section suppose to show anything other than --? Most other menu changes show the change made; or maybe I'm not doing something right. 2) If you were going to save settings that you would like for video, would all previously changed menus be incorporated when you save to U1/U2? If changes that have been made are included into your user setting wouldn't this have a chance to cause problems?

Thanks for any assistance.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sun 05-Dec-10 08:32 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: User Settings: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

FYI: I called Nikon support and was told - 1) the two lines that show do not change. 2) Any menu settings that were previously made will be include within your "new" user saving and may have an effect on other changes.
Please advise if any of you have or receive different information.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 05-Dec-10 10:06 PM
28309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: User Settings: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

>1) Once you save the settings, is the "Save user
>settings" section suppose to show anything other than --?

Assuming you are pressing "OK" to save the settings, I think that is normal. I don't have access to a D7000 to check myself.

>2) If you were going to save settings that you would like for
>video, would all previously changed menus be incorporated when
>you save to U1/U2?

Page 75 in the D7000 Manual indicates which items are included (and not included) when current settings are saved.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #2814 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.