Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28013
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eyesight need help!" Previous topic | Next topic
Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Thu 06-Jun-13 11:32 PM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Eyesight need help!"

Redmond, US

Getting on a bit & now at the end of the diopter adjustment on my D7000. Looks like the DK-21m is just magnification & forum posts are mixed on its effectiveness.

Is there anything that expands the adjustment? Preferably from NIkon.
Thnx

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jec6613 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2013Thu 06-Jun-13 11:49 PM
645 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Eyesight need help!"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 06-Jun-13 11:50 PM by jec6613

Norwalk, US

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Photography-Accessories/DSLR-Camera-Accessories.page?#!/tag:7WA:Eyepieces%20and%20Viewfinders/product:25468:D7000

Just get the one in your prescription - they go from a +3.0 to
a -5.0, so the camera goes from a total of +4.0 to -8.0.  Set
to your prescription, and profit!

AFAIK though, there are no astigmatism corrections, only +/-.

DaddySS Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006Fri 07-Jun-13 12:02 AM
798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Eyesight need help!"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 07-Jun-13 12:03 AM by DaddySS

Woodcliff Lake, US

I added +1 to mine, so now my diopter goes from -1 to +2....perfect! Although mine is a D300s, the viewfinder is the same.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28013 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.