Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27978
View in linear mode

Subject: "Battery Grip and Tamron 70-200 for D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
Bill Kennedy Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013Thu 06-Jun-13 03:17 PM
241 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Battery Grip and Tamron 70-200 for D7100"

Christiansburg, US

Getting ready to shot my grandsons basketball tournament Saturday I decided to get a Battery Grip--bought a XIT for the D7100 on Amazon for around $70. It works fine but feels cheap and does not match the black color of the camera. After I get though this weekend I'm going to pay the exorbinate price for a Nikon.

The Nikon is way over priced, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I also bought the new Tamron 70-200 f2.8 VC lens a few weeks ago and used it in another basketball tournament--very satisfied. Lens is well built, sharp and slightly smaller than the Nikon (also cheasper)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MarkM10431 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013Fri 07-Jun-13 02:21 AM
354 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Battery Grip and Tamron 70-200 for D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

jacksonville, US

is this the tamron you bought?

Tamron AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD IF Macro Lens with Built in Motor for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras (Model A001NII)

Bill Kennedy Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2013Fri 07-Jun-13 11:14 AM
241 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Battery Grip and Tamron 70-200 for D7100"
In response to Reply # 1

Christiansburg, US

No, it is the Tamron 70-200mm f 2.8 sp di vc - faster autofocus than the old lens and has vibratuion control which works well. Lens is $1500 but worth it--still $900 less than Nikon ($600 less with the new rebate).

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27978 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.