Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27863
View in linear mode

Subject: "RRS Brackets foe the D7100" Previous topic | Next topic
kkeesy Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2006Fri 31-May-13 10:17 PM
271 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RRS Brackets foe the D7100"

New Haven, US

Your old ones for the 70000 will work.Both the one without a grip and the one with the Nikon grip work perfect.GLad
I held on to mine.Thought this might be some help.I'm talking about the L bracket.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

PCassidy Gold Member Nikonian since 29th May 2011Mon 03-Jun-13 12:51 PM
142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: RRS Brackets foe the D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Gainesville, US

Thanks that is good to know. Right now I have the bottom plate from a Canon 5D on my 7100 body and it is a great fit. I bought the 5D plate by mistake and I'm really glad I found a use for it until I find an L-bracket for the body.

Paul

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Einstein
------------------------------------------------------>
Nikon F, F2, F3, F4, F5 & F100
Nikon D300 D7100

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Tue 04-Jun-13 01:38 AM
3019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: RRS Brackets foe the D7100"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 04-Jun-13 07:03 PM by RockyIII

Raleigh, US

The BD7000-L and BD7100-L may be interchangeable, but they certainly do not look the same. Specifically, the rear lip is different.

Rocky

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 04-Jun-13 08:38 AM
28684 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: RRS Brackets for the D7100"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

It's good to know that the brackets are usable, but as the camera/grip profiles are different between D7000 and D7100, the D7000 brackets certainly won't fit as precisely as the dedicated versions.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27863 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.