Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27816
View in linear mode

Subject: "Re: D7100 and weddings" Previous topic | Next topic
westacott Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2005Thu 30-May-13 04:41 PM
175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Re: D7100 and weddings"

Coleraine., GB

Hi,
I must firstly state upfront I do not have a D7100 but I am seriously thinking about getting one. Before doing so I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had one for a while and might have used it on a wedding shoot either as a main shooter or as an assistant as to how they got on with it for low light shooting environments.
Thanks
Ian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Re: D7100 and weddings
MarkM10431 Silver Member
30th May 2013
westacott Silver Member
30th May 2013
Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member
31st May 2013
westacott Silver Member
31st May 2013
Daveecopping Silver Member
01st Jun 2013

MarkM10431 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2013Thu 30-May-13 07:17 PM
354 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Re: D7100 and weddings"
In response to Reply # 0

jacksonville, US

I have not shot weddings, but through my research, the 7100 has one the best low light performance results in the APS-C sensor category. if you don't have much invested in DX glass, and don't mind going another $600, you will get better performance from a D600 full frame sensor

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

westacott Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2005Thu 30-May-13 09:27 PM
175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Re: D7100 and weddings"
In response to Reply # 1

Coleraine., GB

>I have not shot weddings, but through my research, the 7100
>has one the best low light performance results in the APS-C
>sensor category. if you don't have much invested in DX glass,
>and don't mind going another $600, you will get better
>performance from a D600 full frame sensor

Hi,
Thanks for reply but wanted to hear from someone who has actually shot or assisted on a few weddings to see how it performed. I do appreciate it is a very good camera and even for some they would prefer it to the D600.
Thanks again,
Ian

What you see depends on what you`re looking for. - Unknown

Puddlepyrate2013 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2013Fri 31-May-13 03:06 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Re: D7100 and weddings"
In response to Reply # 2

Portsmouth, US

You might have a better response from the Wedding forum, where the wedding Pro's hang out. The D7100 has only been out for about 2 months now. People here are still putting the camera through its paces, having fun using it or driving themselves into a tizzy trying to find fault with it using their own home grown scientific testing.
From what I have read here from credible members and online, the D7100 would be up to the task of a wedding.

Bob

westacott Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2005Fri 31-May-13 06:09 AM
#4. "RE: Re: D7100 and weddings"
In response to Reply # 3

Coleraine., GB

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your considered reply - much appreciated.
I did not realise there was a `wedding` forum otherwise I would have went there first off.
Ian

What you see depends on what you`re looking for. - Unknown

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Sat 01-Jun-13 06:57 AM
151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Re: D7100 and weddings"
In response to Reply # 3

Polegate, GB

Bob,

The D7100 is every camera I'll ever need.

Dave

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27816 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.