Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27737
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon d7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Rogerthedodger1954 Registered since 27th May 2013Mon 27-May-13 11:36 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon d7000"

GB

Memory card slot no1. my card went down and now I cant even see it and I know it sounds stupid but it will let me put another card in the same slot the only explanation I can give id that the first card has gone to one side can you help me please.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon d7000
Leonard62 Gold Member
28th May 2013
Rogerthedodger1954
28th May 2013
briantilley Moderator
28th May 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
28th May 2013
Rogerthedodger1954
28th May 2013
km6xz Moderator
28th May 2013
mudman2 Silver Member
28th May 2013

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Tue 28-May-13 12:00 AM
2884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Hatboro, Pa, US

This really seems impossible. Are you sure you inserted a card? If you did the only thing I can think of is part of the slot that aligns the card is missing. Don't insert another card until you figure out what's happening.

Len

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Rogerthedodger1954 Registered since 27th May 2013Tue 28-May-13 12:12 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

I was sat in a chair in my bedroom at the time and I didn't see the card come out and we have been searching every inch of the room since its going to be very expensive to send my camera away for investigation my camera is 19 months old and only used 3 times,Stupid thing is it lets me put another card in its place

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 28-May-13 12:14 PM
28667 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Paignton, GB

This must be frustrating for you, but there is really nowhere for a card to go inside the camera other than in the slot(s). I guess it must be somewhere else...

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009Tue 28-May-13 12:37 PM
2884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Hatboro, Pa, US

Roger, look very closely at both empty slots. Make sure that the insides of both slots look identical and there are no parts missing like thin sidewalls that align the cards. If everything looks fine then insert a card in the slot and make sure it locks in place normally and ejects properly. If so then your camera is fine and the missing card will appear, or not, in the future. Make sure it didn't fall in your clothing. Take a photo to make sure everything is OK.

Len

Rogerthedodger1954 Registered since 27th May 2013Tue 28-May-13 01:04 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 5

GB

Thankyou very much I really appreciate your help.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Tue 28-May-13 02:26 AM
3292 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

St Petersburg, RU

The card slots are modules that have a metal frame that would prevent a card from sliding sideways or pushing straight though the socket. Is it possible that you pressed the card a second time which unlocks it and it could have fallen out when the door was opened?
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

mudman2 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2009Tue 28-May-13 01:14 PM
166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon d7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Jamison, US

And if you do it with your nail they can fire out, ask my dog

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27737 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.