Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27657
View in linear mode

Subject: "Selecting SD slots" Previous topic | Next topic
markel253 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2013Fri 24-May-13 06:21 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Selecting SD slots"

New York, US

Perhaps this has been mentioned - I couldn't find it. I am sure it is in the manual as well - I must be missing it.

I have cards in both slots. When I delete a photo it currently only seems to delete from the one where I am storing the JPEG files. (SD1 is storing NEF files ... SD2 is storing JPG files)

Is there any way that when I delete a photo - both JPG and NEF files get erased?

Thanks!

------------------
Mark
50 years of amateur photography
Currently using Nikon D7100
My walk around lens is a Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM
Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro Nikkor
Tokina AT-X116PRDXN AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR
Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 APO DG Macro
Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Spiratone 500mm mirror
Vivitar DF-383 DEDICATED ETTL LCD Flash
Still - and always - learning photography

http://imagegatherer.wordpress.com/
http://mlf365.blogspot.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011Fri 24-May-13 10:30 PM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Selecting SD slots"
In response to Reply # 0

Belleville, US

Hi Mark,

Not that I am aware of. When you bring up a photo in playback the line right below the photo will show some info and right at the beginning is the slot #. What happens with my camera (D600) is that when I delete slot 1 photo (NEF) the next view is slot 2 (JPEG) and when slot 2 has been deleted you've got it done. I suspect this is the best, and intended way. If slot 2 is unsatisfactory then perhaps something useful may be salvaged from the slot 1 RAW data.

markel253 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2013Wed 29-May-13 04:12 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Selecting SD slots"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Is there a way to select which SD card displays on the LCD?

There must be as for a while I was seeing #2 (my JPEGS) and now I am back to seeing #1 (my NEF files). I must have done something unwittingly and now don't know what that was.

------------------
Mark
50 years of amateur photography
Currently using Nikon D7100
My walk around lens is a Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM
Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro Nikkor
Tokina AT-X116PRDXN AT-X PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8
Nikkor 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR
Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 APO DG Macro
Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Spiratone 500mm mirror
Vivitar DF-383 DEDICATED ETTL LCD Flash
Still - and always - learning photography

http://imagegatherer.wordpress.com/
http://mlf365.blogspot.com/

LeeSyl Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2011Thu 30-May-13 02:18 AM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Selecting SD slots"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 30-May-13 11:56 AM by LeeSyl

Belleville, US

Mark,

It looks like I was wrong. Have a look at the bottom of page 66 in your manual. I do not generally (practically never) shoot in JPEG, so this all is something new to me.

Added twowrongs do not make....it's on page 67!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27657 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.