Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27638
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!" Previous topic | Next topic
cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Thu 23-May-13 07:49 PM
4219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
Sat 25-May-13 11:16 AM by cockers

Plover, US

After becoming familiar with the capabilities with this Gem, I have to say that I'm more than pleased. The resolution capability and crop factor make it the perfect tool for wildlife shooters like me. The bright viewfinder and incredible monitor make it a true joy to use. . . and because I shoot jpegs exclusively I get a very rapid frame rate with no concerns of buffer capacity. Thanks Nikon for making an out of the box wonderful tool! I've added the Nikon brand grip to it for better balance, greater battery capacity, and portrait-orientation shooting ease.

The shot below is a High/Fine jpeg with minor levels and unsharp masking applied in Photoshop Elements. Camera shooting controls are all at Normal levels.

D7100, Apertuure Priority, ISO 800, -.7EV, 1/400 sec., Nikkor 500P F4 manual focus, @ F 7.1 + 1.4 Kenko converter shot in 1.3 crop mode ( 1400mm effective FL ). On Induro AT413 tripod and BHD3 Ballhead.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!
billD80 Silver Member
24th May 2013
cockers Silver Member
25th May 2013
nedo_hb
24th May 2013
cockers Silver Member
25th May 2013
Chuckster902 Silver Member
25th May 2013
cockers Silver Member
25th May 2013

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 24-May-13 05:05 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Great image! It have the 300/4 AF-S and a Kenko Pro 1.4x. I tend to prefer resolution over reach, and I only got the teleconverter to use in a pinch, but I'm really tempted now to use this more frequently in combination with the 300/4 because of the results shown here.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Sat 25-May-13 10:59 AM
4219 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 1

Plover, US

Thanks Bill - Try the converter, you'll like it.

Al

nedo_hb Registered since 24th Apr 2013Fri 24-May-13 05:07 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 0

IL

this shot is so sharp
love it ..... great job

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Sat 25-May-13 11:00 AM
#5. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 2
Sat 25-May-13 11:01 AM by cockers

Plover, US

Thanks Nadeem!

Al

Chuckster902 Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Nov 2005Sat 25-May-13 12:05 AM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 0

Scotia, US

Great shot. I couldn't agree more about what a great camera it is.

Chuck S.

"Life is Messy."

cockers Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Sat 25-May-13 11:04 AM
#6. "RE: D7100 - two months in and I'm thrilled!"
In response to Reply # 3

Plover, US

Thanks Chuck - I think the D7100 will go down as one of the best DX offerings from Nikon.

Al

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27638 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.