Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27524
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100; Very Impressive Indeed!" Previous topic | Next topic
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007Sun 19-May-13 10:25 PM
1454 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100; Very Impressive Indeed!"

Cape Coral, Florida, US

I have been tossing around the idea of upgrading from my D200 to either a D7100 or a D600 (even a Canon 6D with kit "L" lens has been tossed in the mix).

There are no brick & mortar shops in my city, so I have to rely on internet research. Yesterday something amazing happened; I walked into my local Best Buy and what did they have on display? You guessed it; a D7100, a D600 and even a Canon 6D with kit "L" lens!!

I was impressed that my local Best Buy would actually carry these higher end cameras! I am truly grateful that I was able to see and feel these cameras in person because I am now more comfortable about making a decision.

The D600 felt lightweight and somewhat delicate; too light and plastic-feeling.

The D7100 felt solid, well built, very close to my D200.

The 6D felt solid as well and I liked the ergonomics.

Summary; between the D7100 and D600 I like the feel of the D7100 more. Between the D7100 and 6D, I actually liked them both. I'll stick with the D7100 for now as most everything I own is Nikon, but if I were to go FX I would seriously consider the 6D over the D600. The 6D felt much better than the D600.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NDGraham Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jan 2007Mon 20-May-13 12:58 PM
605 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100; Very Impressive Indeed!"
In response to Reply # 0

Dorval (Montreal), CA

Good decision! You won't regret getting the D7100 but it will take you some time to master it. It will be a most satisfying step up from the D200!
Neill
Proud to be a Montreal Nikonian
http://picasaweb.google.com/NeillDGraham

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27524 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.